Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 08:55 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,414,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
If you are wanting or looking for a relationship it will never happen, you just have to let things happen naturally. The way most couples meet are through chance, a friend of a friend, bumping into someone at the supermarket, someone you work with etc... If you stop searching they will find you...

On an unrelated note, I got sh*t scared last night whilst sat at my desk on my laptop, as from behind one of the photos on my desk a little gecko's head appeared, to be fair he looked quite scared too lol
Yep, I met my ex through friends, and my current gf I was so drunk I don't even remember the night I met her But obviously I left a lasting impression when I was drunk, enough to make her come back.. Been together about 6 months.

Still not sure if I prefer being single or in a relationship, though.. I do miss being single, not having to constantly worry about your other half if you haven't texted them all day for fear of them getting p*ssed off (I like having my own space sometimes and some days I just don't feel like talking to her much) but on the other hand it is nice having someone you can fall back to and who will always be there for you.

My suggestion is this: don't get in a serious relationship unless you're over 25.. enjoy your life whilst you're young. Go and enjoy your freedom - get drunk, party, sleep with whoever you want and enjoy the finer things in life because when you get married you'll be stuck down for the rest of your life

Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
I turn 30 next year and I haven no intentions of getting married in the foreseeable future.

Still can't believe that my 20s are nearly over, but that's another problem for another day LOL.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
My suggestion is this: don't get in a serious relationship unless you're over 25.. enjoy your life whilst you're young. Go and enjoy your freedom - get drunk, party, sleep with whoever you want and enjoy the finer things in life because when you get married you'll be stuck down for the rest of your life
You're not thinking from others perspective. Those that have trouble forming relationships aren't going to get much out of freedom — they're not likely to get with many girls at parties so they're not missing out. And really, if you're not that extroverted, the above isn't all that fun anyway.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:07 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
You're not thinking from others perspective. Those that have trouble forming relationships aren't going to get much out of freedom — they're not likely to get with many girls at parties so they're not missing out. And really, if you're not that extroverted, the above isn't all that fun anyway.
Thank you. I don't do these things, maybe I should start it to help me but what is the point if I don't enjoy it?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:12 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,414,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
It's all about finding people who are similar to you IMO. I wouldn't really say I'm an extrovert, probably a mixture of the two and leaning more towards introvert

For the people on this forum who often post about lack of luck when it comes to finding a partner, all I can say is don't give up hope. How often do you see middle aged people who've never married? Not that often..

If drinking/going out to bars/clubs isn't your thing, then look at what interests you - sports, hobbies etc and join clubs and get involved, from there you will meet new people and make friends, and from there you get the opportunity to meet even more people. I don't have any statistics but a huge majority of people must meet their spouses through friends.. and as flaminggalah says, i've found that if you try and look too hard then it just won't come.. enjoy your life and let yourself find the right person in your own time!

Old 06-22-2016, 10:01 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
Sun was pretty strong in Manhattan yesterday, it was only 28c but felt very overwhelming.
New York that day:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...of-summer.html

I was there, too:

//www.city-data.com/forum/44503225-post189.html

Old 06-22-2016, 10:52 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
More streetviews of Queens density to drive people crazy

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7468...8i6656!6m1!1e1

About nine blocks away

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7476...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Twenty blocks east

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7498...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Different area

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7595...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Actually these streetviews seem milder than real life, Im guessing the car came around in the early morning when people are sleeping or at work

Old 06-22-2016, 10:56 AM

Ugh under the elevated lines is dark and depressing looking. Would be fine without them. Yeh, the car doesn't come around at the busiest times.

1970s NYC commercial street. Won't see a street that white today, otherwise doesn't seem that different in look (think it's Bensonhurst):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneBK27-TaE

deliberately filmed early morning, not just because less busy but to avoid teenage girls swarming John Travolta.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
Roosevelt Avenue is anything but depressing, there's so much great restaurants/bars/stores on that avenue. It's famous for being kinda seedy tho

Old 06-22-2016, 11:12 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,461,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
If you are wanting or looking for a relationship it will never happen, you just have to let things happen naturally. The way most couples meet are through chance, a friend of a friend, bumping into someone at the supermarket, someone you work with etc... If you stop searching they will find you...
Are you still going to tell me that when I'm 50? I have to bring myself to a higher echelon of physical attractiveness, it's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather