Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 01:39 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,036,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Should've sold/transported it back here.
I did try to remove it so I could plant it in a pot when it was smaller but it was stuck firm, the pavement is brick pavers so nothing to get a spade into either. Right underneath the parent palms was a forest of Washingtonias of different sizes, but the council cut them down a couple of months back. These palms are actually owned by a hotel though, so are not pruned that much, all the council planted ones are trimmed a few times a year so the flower stalks are never allowed to set seed, otherwise there would be millions of them sprouting absolutely everywhere lol...

Old 06-20-2016, 01:54 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I wish it was warm enough for palms and mangoes here. I would love to grow mango in the backyard
Same, my grandfather said he had guava, mango and citrus growing in his land in palestine. There is one guava plant hardy down to zone 8a. Wonder where I can find some I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:35 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Same, my grandfather said he had guava, mango and citrus growing in his land in palestine. There is one guava plant hardy down to zone 8a. Wonder where I can find some I wouldn't mind trying it out.
Maybe some places in Peru can grow them. Would be cool to have mango and guava and papaya in the backyard

Old 06-20-2016, 04:38 PM

Russia was embarrassing. Even worse than 2014. Two tournaments, two easy groups, two exits in the group stages We got smacked around by ****ty teams like South Korea, Slovakia, Wales, and England (no offense), I'm afraid of what would happen if we played against actual competition like Argentina or Germany or Chile

Old 06-20-2016, 04:41 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
^^ you say that as if Russia are a better team than England and deserved to win. That is not the case.

In reality, the only countries in Europe that have even a half decent chance of doing well internationally are Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the Netherlands and yes, England. The rest of the continent might as well not bother.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
^^ you say that as if Russia are a better team than England and deserved to win. That is not the case.

In reality, the only countries in Europe that have even a half decent chance of doing well internationally are Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the Netherlands and yes, England. The rest of the continent might as well not bother.
I'm not even kidding but England is not a team that will win things, they couldn't win it with Gerrard and Lampard and Rooney and this team has nowhere near the talent of the early to mid 2000s England. Maybe in a couple of years when players like Dele Alli and Chris Smalling mature

I would also not consider Portugal or Netherlands as elite teams, Netherlands has fallen off a cliff since 2014 and it will take at least a few years before they recover. Portugal's two best players are already on the wrong side of 30. I think Croatia is going to be a great team in a few years. If France learns how to play together they will dominate too, the amount of talent they have is scary

Old 06-20-2016, 05:00 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I'm not even kidding but England is not a team that will win things, they couldn't win it with Gerrard and Lampard and Rooney and this team has nowhere near the talent of the early to mid 2000s England. Maybe in a couple of years when players like Dele Alli and Chris Smalling mature

I would also not consider Portugal or Netherlands as elite teams, Netherlands has fallen off a cliff since 2014 and it will take at least a few years before they recover. Portugal's two best players are already on the wrong side of 30. I think Croatia is going to be a great team in a few years. If France learns how to play together they will dominate too, the amount of talent they have is scary
That doesn't explain why you think Russia deserves to win any against any of the teams you mentioned. Russia is not a football champion - never has been. I doubt the potential even exists for Russia to excel in football because the talent simply doesn't exist and never will. It's just a footballing lightweight and for such a large country the lack of any notable achievements in football is pretty remarkable. I think you need to accept this.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 PM

There is potential, I believe one day Russia can and will won things. We will never be a team like Argentina or France or Brazil but we can be a good team

Old 06-20-2016, 05:24 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,414,650 times
Russia had injuries in midfield but were shocking this tournament, completely outplayed by us and Wales as well it seems.

England had almost 70 shots in our 3 group games but every team we faced put 11 men behind the ball, so it was always going to be hard.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Portugal had legit like 35 shots in the first two games and managed to score a grand total of 1 goal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather