Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 03:53 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
One thing's for sure, and that is that Obama has significantly increased racial tensions in the USA.

Or, some may say, it has nothing to do with Obama - I think few would dispute the differences in racial tensions between now and 8 years ago.

I think it has to do with Obama, the leftist sympathizer, and the cultural marxist media and their narratives that have agitated blacks. Obama has also played an even more significant part in alienating whites

nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
One thing's for sure, and that is that Obama has significantly increased racial tensions in the USA.

Or, some may say, it has nothing to do with Obama - I think few would dispute the differences in racial tensions between now and 8 years ago.

I think it has to do with Obama, the leftist sympathizer, and the cultural marxist media and their narratives that have agitated blacks. Obama has also played an even more significant part in alienating whites
Agitated? Was just a matter of time that blacks stood for themselves against police violence. And preemitively, there's plenty of black on black crime, but police action is at the hands of the state and rarely prosecuted.

Most of what Obama has said is similar to what any other Democrat would have said, and plenty of whites agree with statements on race, which are measured and well thought out, IMO.

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm sorry, but "generally" isn't good enough when it comes to trained professionals who can more than likely kill you and make it look like an accident. There's no denying that police need to go under either more psychological screening, or trained better. You're telling me two cops who have a guy restrained on the ground and have batons, tazers, pepper spray and are trained in hand to hand combat can't subdue one fat thug without shooting him? Please.
American police are trigger-happy morons - there's no getting away from that. It's unsurprising that snj90 is unwilling to accept that issues exist but instead wants to blame Obama for stoking racial tension.

Last edited by nei; 07-08-2016 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-08-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I agree, but we have to address there are extremists with them. We can't just ignore it.
So you label the entire movement as an extremist domestic terrorist organisation?!?

Old 07-08-2016, 03:54 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I suppose I'm being to harsh, there has been lots of outpouring on Twitter supporting this attack from many black lives matter folks, but then the founder did denounce it. Out of touch with reality???? Look what they did in Baltimore, Ferguson, Chicago etc. They burnt down stores and cop cars, looted, 2 cops were killed in NYC in retaliation for Freddie gray, I think you need to look up stuff more and avoid just listening to one sided news.
Except those were rioters, looking for an excuse for violence. They weren't affiliated with Black Lives Matter. The Dallas protests were led by a Christian pastor, hardly a leader prone to violent incitement.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
American police are trigger-happy morons - there's no getting away from that.
A lot of the trigger-happiness of American police is fear of suspects with guns. British police don't have the same fears.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:57 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but "generally" isn't good enough when it comes to trained professionals who can more than likely kill you and make it look like an accident. There's no denying that police need to go under either more psychological screening, or trained better. You're telling me two cops who have a guy restrained on the ground and have batons, tazers, pepper spray and are trained in hand to hand combat can't subdue one fat thug without shooting him? Please.
I say "generally" only to exempt cases where cops really are at fault.

But in most of these cases, it seems the cops are not to blame. They did what they needed to do. Guy in Baton Rouge threatening people with a gun (a guy with a lengthy rap sheet to boot) - if the cops get there any you make any move that could suggest you're reaching for the gun, the cops will remove you as a threat.

But I can't say this is all cases. It has to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

For example, I am of this opinion that the police were likely at fault in Freddie Gray's death in Baltimore last year. It was almost certainly a "rough ride" - but I guess that does not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Okay, fair enough. But in TORT LAW it will invoke a principle called res ipsa loquitur: Latin for the thing speaks for itself. Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is not necessary in tort law.

And from what I know so far, the cop in Minnesota the other day was in the wrong.

But something like Mike Brown in Ferguson? The guy would have grabbed Wilson's gun from him! Cops have to protect themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
American police are trigger-happy morons - there's no getting away from that. It's unsurprising that snj90 is unwilling to accept that issues exist but instead wants to blame Obama for stoking racial tension.
Don't forget he thinks all black people should have stayed in Africa, so unsurprising he cares not a jot about the innocent black Americans being shot by trigger happy cops...

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
So you label the entire movement as an extremist domestic terrorist organisation?!?
He gets all arms in air when people mention Islamic terrorists, but wants to label this entire organization as a terrorist group. Talk about hypocrisy.

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether the cop was Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, or look at these. The point is black lives are taken at a much higher rate than white lives by cops. The race of the cop doesn't matter - there's cops of all races that target black males, hell there's BLACK cops that target black males.
Not true actually statistically more whites than blacks are killed by cops. I agree more black people will be targeted considering the crime rate is generally higher among that population, which leads to sticky and unfortunate situations. We need to address these issues and not just blame it on cops, let's start by addressing things at a social and community level, re train cops, address crime rate, and begin tackling things at there root. Retraining cops won't work alone, start by attacking crime rates in poorer neighborhoods, Foster good relations with cops, and denounce racism from both sides.

5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks | Daily Wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather