Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 04:58 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
Your summers never show a hint of true summer.
So you keep saying. If you think summers in the UK don't really exist, I'm not sure why you think winters in Melbourne really exist either.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:20 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
What's with all the Galaxyman like posts you keep coming out with?
I am incredibly frustrated.. this is as poor as it gets in summer. We will record yet another dullest summer month on record in my short life time so far..

In my 22 years I've seen..

1) Dullest August on record - broken TWICE (2008, 2010)
2) Some of the dullest Julys on record (2007, 2009, 2012)
3) Dullest June on record (2016) - Possibly by 20 hours or more
4) Dullest November on record/for at least 90ish years (2015)
5) Dullest December on record (2010)

I'm pretty sure there are some more months in there, the weather has been arse in this country during the warmer part of the year for almost a decade now, and sunshine levels have been shocking which is even worse. It shouldn't be too much to even ask for an average summer, but even that seems extremely hard these days. Shocking What are the chances of getting 5 of the dullest months on record in my lifetime with over 100 years worth of data?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Because Melbourne's winters are cold, dark overcast and wet with skin penetrating wind. That feels like winter in my book. Your summers on the other hand don't feel like a summer. Too cloudy, too many cool days, cool nights. Melbourne's winters feel more like a winter than Leeds's summers a summer.
Lol and there are people here who think that Upstate NY's winters aren't cold, believe it or not

Old 06-20-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Because Melbourne's winters are cold, dark overcast and wet with skin penetrating wind. That feels like winter in my book. Your summers on the other hand don't feel like a summer. Too cloudy, too many cool days, cool nights. Melbourne's winters feel more like a winter than Leeds's summers a summer.
So summer in Leeds isn't really summer because to you it isn't, while Melbourne's winter is winter because to you it is.

What university did you go to again? Did you graduate with a degree in Derptitude?

A climate cannot possibly have a winter, if it rarely or never snows. Melbourne doesn't make the cut I'm afraid. You should be happy to have lived your entire life in a winter-less climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Lol and there are people here who think that Upstate NY's winters aren't cold, believe it or not
Upstate New York has cold winters - but not brutally cold winters. I'm not sure we need to have this discussion again.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:55 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I've never seen anyone say that they weren't "cold"? Just not brutal or any other ridiculous adjective. It's certainly cold and snowy, but it's not Fairbanks either.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I think most people would agree that summers in Leeds aren't really a summer. Any one that enjoys heat or even warmth would not hold Leeds' summers in any regard. Melbourne is a better place for cold lovers than Leeds for heat lovers. Melbourne gets a lot of dark, wet windy skin penetrating days and snow is a short drive away. If you want heat in Leeds you have to book an airline ticket

I went to the International Academy of Lick My Fat Hairy Balls.

I guess you'll spend this week in Melbourne in a shirt and shorts sipping cocktails by the beach then, because you know, it doesn't have a winter.
Melbourne Forecast
Most people who live in climates that actually get a winter, would not consider Melbourne 'winters' winter. Chilly dampness does not a winter make. That's what autumn is for. That's what Melbourne experiences - an extended autumn. No winter to speak of.

Take it from a cold lover - Melbourne's winters fall quite a bit short of what I would deem an acceptable winter. You can argue that Melbourne has a winter in that it has a noticeable cooler period, but is it a real winter? No, I'm afraid not.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:16 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Melbourne has a really crappy climate for such a latitude. Bahia Blanca at a similar latitude is 100x times better

Old 06-20-2016, 06:23 PM

290 posts, read 210,423 times
Bye sunny America.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:28 PM

290 posts, read 210,423 times
I don't know why some people run up to the gate to board the plane when they already have allocated seating.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:42 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
I don't know why some people run up to the gate to board the plane when they already have allocated seating.
Indian people always do this, and it pisses me off. Its one of the things which cuts a very sorry image to foreigners. Cant we just act a bit more refined while boarding the plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather