Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 01:18 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
Sick of all the ****ing repeats on TV. Nothing but mutha****en repeats and full of ads. And when you channel surf, more ****ing horses ass ads. No wonder people indulge in substance abuse for ****s sake in the name of my ass
There's always Youtube...

Old 06-19-2016, 01:57 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Oh that's disappointing, I always wanted to see Savannah...honestly I think most of North America is really lame, too many deserts and steppes and not really that much history. Aside from Northeast US/Quebéc and Southern Mexico there is nothing that would make my bucket list on this continent. South America is much more exciting with cultures that date back thousands of years and incredible natural and geographic diversity and customs that change from one city to the next

Glad to see some people are catching on. What I would love to see change in this country is this wacked out weird view that so many Americans have about this country being "exceptional" or some such crap. Simply not true. This country is nothing special at all, and really rather backward and regressive in so many ways.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
A lot of south Jersey is rather rural though.

Rural yes, but rural in the sense that developments and people are not ever very far away. It is not rural like the mountain west or even the deep south.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake&Bake View Post
While I agree that mountain/topographic distribution in North America can be better (more for areas east of the Rockies), it isn't the worst; Australia is a much flatter continent.

Northern Mexico is in desert, of course there will be sand everywhere. Furthermore, not all of northern Mexico is desert; you have Tijuana, on the Pacific, which links with San Diego, as well as Matamoros on the Gulf of Mexico, which links with Brownsville. Northern Mexico includes destinations like Monterrey.

You are generalizing quite a bit; much of the inland SE US, for instance, does not look like either of the scenarios you describe.

yeah it just looks like the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and the Northeast. Nothing really differentiates the regions, particularly in winter. Go to those three places in January and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I guess, well I fell in love with Perú, because it seems like people there are much warmer and say things like "Buenos Dias" to everyone, and bars are much more exciting and you could walk anywhere you want. I also loved how fresh everything was, mangos tasted like crême brulee there! Lol

True, fresh mango is totally different than mango bought in the US. No where in the US can really grow mango due to our cold climates. They marginally grow in the very bottom of FL, but not commercially.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:34 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
yeah it just looks like the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and the Northeast. Nothing really differentiates the regions, particularly in winter. Go to those three places in January and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.
I'm not too sure about that....

Old 06-19-2016, 06:51 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
True, fresh mango is totally different than mango bought in the US. No where in the US can really grow mango due to our cold climates. They marginally grow in the very bottom of FL, but not commercially.
There are Mango plantations in southern Florida...

The Mango Factory

Old 06-19-2016, 06:53 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Glad to see some people are catching on. What I would love to see change in this country is this wacked out weird view that so many Americans have about this country being "exceptional" or some such crap. Simply not true. This country is nothing special at all, and really rather backward and regressive in so many ways.
Regressive ???

Look pal, lots of modern day convenience exists because Americans in the 20th century busted their ass to design and commercialize their inventions. Americans encourage innovation and experimentation. Thats why I came here to do my Mechanical engineering degree.

Go to India or any other conservative 3rd world country and just try to do something different. People will heavily criticize you for not following stupid red tape procedures, which oftentimes are rigged to benefit corrupted politicians.

We have reasonably well designed systems in place to help people who want to succeed. These are non existent in many other countries.

So enough with the America is lame talk. If you don't like it here, then move. There are hundreds of immigrants like me who choose to make the US their permanent home.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:24 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Shouldn't you be shaving some random part of your body, or telling us about your very interesting made up stories about women that never happened, Adi?

Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Shouldn't you be shaving some random part of your body, or telling us about your very interesting made up stories about women that never happened, Adi?
Who are you to tell me what I'm supposed to be saying ?

It's about high time I share my political views. I've been under a shadow for way too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather