Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM

290 posts, read 210,368 times

Advertisements

lol I think everyone does it to be honest. They think the plane is going to leave or something.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:28 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
I don't know why some people run up to the gate to board the plane when they already have allocated seating.
If you're near the back of the line you have to stand and wait in the tunnel forever while a hundred other people look for their seats and fiddle around with putting their suitcases in the compartments above. Reminds me how much I hate commercial flying.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
If you're near the back of the line you have to stand and wait in the tunnel forever while a hundred other people look for their seats and fiddle around with putting their suitcases in the compartments above. Reminds me how much I hate commercial flying.
Imagine getting stuck in the center seat of a 777 for 16 hours .

Old 06-21-2016, 01:38 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
Your summers never show a hint of true summer.
Surely Melbourne doesn't have a summer in your eyes then? As you said yourself, Melbourne is basically London with a couple of 35-40c days thrown in.

The forecast finally looks like normal summer weather, though still no sign of any heat. It's still going to be the cloudiest June on record, though.

I don't know what has happened to our summer sunshine over the past decade.

1998-2006 had 215 hours per summer month, whereas 2007-2015 averages from 150 hrs in August to 180 hrs in June and July. A 50-60 hr drop in 10 years is pathetic.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:04 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Melbourne has a really crappy climate for such a latitude. Bahia Blanca at a similar latitude is 100x times better
Bahia Blanca is better imo, but I don't think the difference id that major. Bahia Blanca has it's own dirty little secrets in it's colder summer record lows.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
I already had my assigned seat so I got on the plane one of the last people. I don't see the point in rushing on.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:13 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
Melbourne is London with a couple 35-40C days thrown in. That is what skews the average high to 26C. Take out the 10 hottest days between Dec 1 and Feb 28 and you basically have Heathrow. I would say it has a summer, albeit a pathetic one. There are more cool cloudy days than hot days and nights are predominantly cool. Consequently I also consider London's summers to be pathetic - it does have many days that are warm, but heat is rare and there are many more cool cloudy days. I was more specifically referring Dunno's hometown of Leeds, which averages 20C during the warmest month, which in my opinion is a complete lack of a summer.
Exactly - in your opinion. Both Melbourne and Leeds have temperate climates. Summers in Leeds are cool and winters in Melbourne are mild, but to residents of both locations, both seasons exist. Summer in Leeds is noticeably sunnier than the other seasons and winter in Melbourne is noticeably cloudier than the other seasons. If you spent an entire year in Leeds you wouldn't wake up in July or August and think 'This weather is no different to what I experienced in January'. Even to the residents of Lerwick, summer exists - there's no temperature requirement for either season, just the warmest/coolest periods of the year.

The average high in the warmest month is 21C btw, not that it makes much difference.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveandtake View Post
I already had my assigned seat so I got on the plane one of the last people. I don't see the point in rushing on.
I just explained it Don't want to stand in line for a long time.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:26 PM

It's sad when you truly feel that no one cares about you or gives you a second thought.

You are an intelligent person but don't know how to help yourself or where to go to get help. You try to be kind/respectful to people but they just don't take you on or spur any interest in getting to know the real you.

You have exhausted all efforts to make yourself have a better life. You realise as you get older that most people (while not in an offensive way) don't care about anyone but themselves and that most of your 'friends' were only there for the convenience and didn't particularly care about you/ever think about you and when they do contact you it is only to fill boredom.

You try most of the time to stay happy and positive because being depressed isn't going to help. It sucks that you live in a rural area with terrible amenities and not much to do as a young person. Everyone around you (your age) seems to be having the time of their lives, you are not happy and just want to be like everyone else.

You feel truly hopeless and don't know what to do but realise that your life could be much worse so keep carrying on, for that you sometimes feel like an idiot and a spoilt brat for feeling sorry for yourself. You don't want to draw attention to your difficulties/depression incase you upset your family/friends and make them feel worse.

Last edited by Giveandtake; 06-21-2016 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
I just explained it Don't want to stand in line for a long time.
yes, but you end up standing on line longer if you arrive earlier rather than in the middle of boarding. And spend less time standing on the plane before seating since many are already seated. Only downside is less room for overhead luggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather