Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 11:21 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
It would be great for the Navajo, Cherokee, et al., to preserve and expand their peoples, traditions, and ways.
Unfortunately the amount of Navajo speakers is only like 3-4% the amount of Quechua speakers, but I think it would be great for them to expand it

Old 06-19-2016, 12:11 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Unfortunately the amount of Navajo speakers is only like 3-4% the amount of Quechua speakers, but I think it would be great for them to expand it
It is just sad what they've been relegated to. I have a pretty positive view of most Native American tribes. Their cultures are lovely.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:23 PM

198 posts, read 190,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
True, fresh mango is totally different than mango bought in the US. No where in the US can really grow mango due to our cold climates. They marginally grow in the very bottom of FL, but not commercially.
I think if technology evolves to a point that mangoes can be genetically spliced with "cold hardy" genes, then areas of the US South can start growing them. In turn, tropical/subtropical plants can be spliced with such genes, creating cold-hardy cultivars of all those exotic plants. It can come to a point that the occasional winter cold snap of the South doesn't matter anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Damn, I wonder what posessed them to do this lol, it is funny but would be a pain in the ass if you're a commuter......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I would be livid. What a bunch of morons.
They had loads of prank videos on their Instagram page; they really wanted to go viral. However, now that I have found the page, it seems that the posts/videos are missing; they probably deleted them, now that police are on the lookout:
https://www.instagram.com/myhouseisdirty_/?hl=en

This Chron.com link has a slideshow where you can see snapshots of the various pranks/stunts they pulled, and posted on their Instagram:
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...photo-10214581

Last edited by Shake&Bake; 06-19-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 12:27 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake&Bake View Post
I think if technology evolves to a point that mangoes can be genetically spliced with "cold hardy" genes, then areas of the US South can start growing them. In turn, tropical/subtropical plants can be spliced with such genes, creating cold-hardy cultivars of all those exotic plants. It can come to a point that the occasional winter cold snap of the South doesn't matter anymore.
Yep. Norwegian bananas coming to a store near you..

Old 06-19-2016, 12:40 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
True, fresh mango is totally different than mango bought in the US. No where in the US can really grow mango due to our cold climates. They marginally grow in the very bottom of FL, but not commercially.
Marginally? There's thousands if not millions of people with mango trees here. Hardly "marginal". You need to stop exaggerating how "bad" the climate is.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:51 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Who are you to tell me what I'm supposed to be saying ?

It's about high time I share my political views. I've been under a shadow for way too long.
Why is it "about time" you shared your political views?? Do you think anyone was waiting for them? Or that anyone even cares?

And what is this shadow you have been under? Masses of body hair??

I need a drink...

Old 06-19-2016, 02:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Heartbreaking thread I just noticed ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/world...-move-any.html

+ littered with Owen's nonsense...

Old 06-19-2016, 02:11 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Why is it "about time" you shared your political views?? Do you think anyone was waiting for them? Or that anyone even cares?

And what is this shadow you have been under? Masses of body hair??

I need a drink...
Then go drink a barrel of rum and pass out. You don't need to understand with all this mockery. I responded to another person's post in a stronger sense. That's all.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:13 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Then go drink a vat of black spiced rum.

I responded to another person's post. That's all I did. I don't understand why I'm treated like a prisoner by you guys.
Well, lying, exaggerating, making gross comments, etc probably has something to do with that.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:19 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Well, lying, exaggerating, making gross comments, etc probably has something to do with that.
I apologize for all the troubles I've given you earlier.

I've returned after several months of therapy, and come back with a drive to change my bad reputation.

I will no longer make up things or say gross stuff, ok. Now please do not make me react aggressively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather