Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 08:48 AM

330 posts, read 228,717 times

Advertisements

People are definitely avoiding me, it's obvious. Ironically they were going about me for months and months, now they're nowhere to be seen.

Give me a break.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:52 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
While I agree it's outrageous, it's not for the crime itself but for repeatedly offending. Still it's only minor shoplifting. Also it says facing — it's unlikely he'd get sentenced for that.

I'm pleased to note I live in the state that's the "softest on crime"

The Audacious Epigone: Strictness index: Which states are the toughest? The most lenient?
One underlying problem is the prison industry/lobby. Private prisons should not exist, period. No one should profit from incarceration.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,656,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguru View Post
People are definitely avoiding me, it's obvious. Ironically they were going about me for months and months, now they're nowhere to be seen.

Give me a break.
Come on Owen, just troll that little bit harder and you'll get that flame war you're looking for Or maybe troll a different part of the forum? We'll still come and watch at least.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:57 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
Dammit I won't bother cleaning my car anymore. Every damn time it rains half of the Sahara's worth of dust falls on my car. I'm wondering if there's any left there. Screw southerlies.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:03 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
One underlying problem is the prison industry/lobby. Private prisons should not exist, period. No one should profit from incarceration.
Agreed - and even the possibility of such an excessive sentence for shoplifting is ridiculous. Putting people in prison for minor offences is precisely why so many come out and get worse.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:26 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
One of the drugged up rancid little scrotes attending that ******* music festival here have stolen my other half's wallet & tablet out of his bag at the hotel where he works And the tourism chiefs here want to attract more of these sort of "guests" to Malta

Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM

330 posts, read 228,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
One of the drugged up rancid little scrotes attending that ******* music festival here have stolen my other half's wallet & tablet out of his bag at the hotel where he works And the tourism chiefs here want to attract more of these sort of "guests" to Malta

Old 04-04-2016, 02:35 PM

808 posts, read 711,544 times
Default Seriously?

Quote:
-snip-
I'm sorry to hear that your partner's wallet got stolen.

Seriously, though, why would they want to have people like that coming as tourists? You'd think that those would be the exact kinds of people they wouldn't want coming over, as tourists or otherwise.

Did the thief get into any sort of trouble?

Last edited by Cheesehead92; 04-04-2016 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: rmv unnecessary phrase

Old 04-04-2016, 02:51 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your partner's wallet got stolen.

Seriously, though, why would they want to have people like that coming as tourists? You'd think that those would be the exact kinds of people they wouldn't want coming over, as tourists or otherwise.

Did the thief get into any sort of trouble?
He had over 200 Euro in there, plus all his bank cards, driving license, other document cards & his tablet has tons of important stuff on it

All the residents have been complaining about this music festival, not just the noise, but all the anti-social behaviour & mess everywhere. The police have arrested loads of them for drugs & they have damaged all the hotels they are staying at. At the hotel where my other half works they have had to move other guests to more expensive & quieter hotels because of the drunken, drugged up little tw@ts. They have no self respect, let alone respect for anyone else...

The festival organisers obviously paid a big whack of money to the government to hold it here, but apart from the bars (& local drug dealers) no one has made any money from it, the hotels will probably end up making a loss by the time they have paid for the repairs...

The police did nothing when my partner reported it, he even said he thought he knew what group of louts had done it, but the police wouldn't search their room

If they are planning on turning this area into a low rate Ibiza then I will find somewhere else to live, the main reason we chose this area is because it is fairly quiet...

Old 04-04-2016, 03:07 PM

808 posts, read 711,544 times
Unhappy Yuck.

Quote:
He had over 200 Euro in there, plus all his bank cards, driving license, other document cards & his tablet has tons of important stuff on it

All the residents have been complaining about this music festival, not just the noise, but all the anti-social behaviour & mess everywhere. The police have arrested loads of them for drugs & they have damaged all the hotels they are staying at. At the hotel where my other half works they have had to move other guests to more expensive & quieter hotels because of the drunken, drugged up little tw@ts. They have no self respect, let alone respect for anyone else...

The festival organisers obviously paid a big whack of money to the government to hold it here, but apart from the bars (& local drug dealers) no one has made any money from it, the hotels will probably end up making a loss by the time they have paid for the repairs...

The police did nothing when my partner reported it, he even said he thought he knew what group of louts had done it, but the police wouldn't search their room

If they are planning on turning this area into a low rate Ibiza then I will find somewhere else to live, the main reason we chose this area is because it is fairly quiet...
Wow. Do they seriously think it's okay to vandalise, steal, and probably commit other crimes at the same time? I'm glad to hear that the cops have arrested some of the druggies, key word being "some". I agree that they're basically low-lives who have no self respect, let alone respect for other people.

Why did they not search the suspected thieves' room? Is one of them some kind of special snowflake who is exempt from the rules and laws?

It's always sad when a good area like Malta is ruined by crazy tourists who are up to no good. Is there anywhere else you are thinking of living where you won't have to put up with this nonsense?

Either way, I hope your partner's life isn't disrupted too much by this unfortunate incident. I hope he can recover from his losses and get back to where he was, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Cheesehead92; 04-04-2016 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: add some stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather