Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
That's the one that gets me the most. People are always moaning about cold weather, yet whenever the temperature rise above 25C everybody complains that it's "too hot". I swear if Britain had a near-perfect climate like Las Palmas, people would still complain about the weather 24/7, it's in our DNA.
One woman last summer complained that she got bitten by mosquitoes because she slept out on the balcony The pathetic thing is it is a lower star rated hotel, so people pay literally peanuts to stay there, yet all they do is moan about every little thing

Old 03-21-2017, 12:59 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Tbh i wish there was a Boston or New York type city in South Carolina. A place with New York politics but South Carolina climate and sunshine. And of course New York style pizza, seems like we're the only place in the states outside Chicago that can make a decent pizza
I thought you lived in Russia. I'm assuming it was your country of birth?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
They make driving a ****ing nightmare.
How can they make driving a nightmare when they are living in the same country and abiding by the same laws and legislations as their home state?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
A place like southern Florida is always going to attract swarms of tourists, and winter migrants, it's an inevitability. One that will make it very difficult to diversify the economy.
Very true, doesn't make it any less annoying though lol.

And lets just say higher education and intellect are certainly not of high priority down here. I bet like 70% of the money that comes into South FL are from tourism and partying. One thing I've noticed is people become engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc tend to move away from South FL.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
One woman last summer complained that she got bitten by mosquitoes because she slept out on the balcony The pathetic thing is it is a lower star rated hotel, so people pay literally peanuts to stay there, yet all they do is moan about every little thing
That's another thing that annoys me, and this isn't just a British thing. When people from wealthier nations visit poorer countries, and expect to be treated like royalty. I remember one time in Prague, a drunken German woman in a restaurant was ordering around a young waitress as if she was a slave.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:02 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,118 times
Quote:
Not necessarily, generally speaking a nation's infrastructure just needs to meet the needs of its people, if there's less people then it doesn't have to be enormously expansive. Iceland has a small population, yet it has world class infrastructure.
Really? I don't think so. You won't get 12 car trains travelling through rural Iceland every 2 minutes like you get in Cambridge.

The frequency and amount of infrastructure is mostly dictated by population.

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
I thought you lived in Russia. I'm assuming it was your country of birth?
Yup I was born in Moscow. We moved away for the economy and because we thought our health problems would improve in a warmer climate

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
How can they make driving a nightmare when they are living in the same country and abiding by the same laws and legislations as their home state?
This is seriously a stupid question.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Infrastructure has a lot to do with population. England wouldn't have it's motorway or rail network without it's large population.
The thing is when Malta was under British rule the British built roads, bridges, even a railway, yet nothing was maintained. Then after becoming independent the then PM became buddies with Gaddafi, so lots of (blood) money was pumped into the country, but they still didn't use it for many basic things. Then Malta joined the EU & has basically used EU funding for every new road, bypass, re-development etc.. The truth is Malta is too small to survive as a country by itself...

Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:
Junter have you seen the UK TV show 'Benidorm'? It shows the typical type of Brits who go to the Spanish Costa's for their week in the sun every year
Yes mate

I will seek for a Spanish satire program on the germans in Mallorca, how to recognize them was funny af

Quote:
The Maltese are awful for littering, they keep their houses immaculately clean, yet don't give a sh*t about outside their front doors. They will throw rubbish out of moving cars, drop anything anywhere & no one picks up their dogs sh*t either They also like to blame all the filth & mess everywhere on the tourists, when in reality most tourists use bins or take rubbish home from the beach with them. There are street cleaners here (usually some African migrant being paid below minimum wage) but still the streets in general are filthy, especially if you go away from the main touristy streets & during the summer it is worse when it doesn't rain for weeks on end as the dog sh*t etc.. tends to pile up
Wow, here in Spain about 10 years ago a law was introduced for dog poop, with heavy fines for offenders, as any park with dog playgrounds has bags for dog poop and special bins for those same things. Anyone which don't collect it from the ground... 600€ of fine. Although it idiffers from provinces.

I didn't see any dog poop in any street for many years.

The thing about throwing cigarrettes or anything while driving costs 300€ and 3 points of the driving license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather