Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 12:54 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
I'm glad that I don't waste my time anymore watching Bundesliga. I hope Bayern wins 20 seasons in a row and the league eventually collapses.
I actually like the individual matches, but I hope the same. It's gonna end up like Netherlands where Ajax dominated year after year and look what happened, now the whole league is a joke

Old 04-05-2017, 01:21 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
I'm glad that I don't waste my time anymore watching Bundesliga. I hope Bayern wins 20 seasons in a row and the league eventually collapses.

You should, as Hradecky is keeping Bankfurt alive.

I'm not that attracted to football anymore. Bayern, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona... they don't attract me. I used to watch the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and others, but in the end they games meant nothing to me.

While the local club despite being the most succesful ever here is my club (blame my dad), it has become a part of my personality, well for more than 20 years.

Here in Turku I cannot wear a HJK scarf in public as some moron would take it as an insult. And we are talking about a small country and crappy league where the top few players earn €8-12k a month, while some others get below the average wage! And you see the players walking on the street like anyone else.

And that makes it so cozy. Not big multinational corporations, but local lads rooting for the local club. Make some volunteer job for example Götterdämmerung FC in the Oberliga, and you become a part of a community.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:32 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

I'm not that attracted to football anymore. Bayern, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona... they don't attract me. I used to watch the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and others, but in the end they games meant nothing to me.

While the local club despite being the most succesful ever here is my club (blame my dad), it has become a part of my personality, well for more than 20 years.

Here in Turku I cannot wear a HJK scarf in public as some moron would take it as an insult. And we are talking about a small country and crappy league where the top few players earn €8-12k a month, while some others get below the average wage! And you see the players walking on the street like anyone else.

And that makes it so cozy. Not big multinational corporations, but local lads rooting for the local club. Make some volunteer job for example Götterdämmerung FC in the Oberliga, and you become a part of a community.
Sadly the American football is very **** so it's not as exciting to follow the Red Bulls or NYCFC as it would be to follow a European team

Old 04-05-2017, 01:37 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

I'm not a big fan of the premier league. I prefer going and watching lower league sides and seeing a bit of passion. I go to a lot of York games, and tbh they're pretty ****. I love them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Sadly the American football is very **** so it's not as exciting to follow the Red Bulls or NYCFC as it would be to follow a European team
MLS is improving rapidly though. They show slot of games on TV here, and some of the football is pretty good. It tends to be the defending that's really bad, but I think it makes it a bit more exciting. Great as a neutral fan, but infuriating as a club supporter!

Old 04-05-2017, 02:00 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
I'd love to go to places like Portsmouth to watch football - given that the club is actually owned by the fans and are bucking the system because of that.

Not to mention Aberdeen - debt-free and has established themselves in the big three of Scottish football without spending any money. Great stuff!

Then perhaps meeting up with razza to go see Wrexham would be fun

Old 04-05-2017, 02:12 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
I've been to British football matches. I'm not sure you would enjoy it.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
I've been to British football matches. I'm not sure you would enjoy it.
Why?

Old 04-05-2017, 02:14 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Owen prob thinks there are too many racist Englishmen there

Old 04-05-2017, 02:22 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
I thought you said you were Autistic. hence the crowds would make you uncomfortable.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
English football probably has the least racism of all European football. He certainly can't use that as a reason!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather