Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 11:13 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Did he at least offer to pay for you? If you're gonna be tacky and brag about the cash you have, at least be nice and offer.

I have a friend who has a well-paying job, constantly brags about the money he has yet never ever throws up cash for anything, like when we go out to bars, buy liquor, etc. He always wants everyone else to pay for everything needless to say, I don't hit him up much anymore.
No, he pays. Wasn't trying to brag, it was kinda implied he would pay. But it's a bit uncomfortable for your friend to pay all the time and keep feeling like "why are we doing stuff that burns money?". He's still better than owen... How much does your friend make?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:13 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,294,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
What did she mean by this?
Jeez, turning back 4 pages in one hour, easy guys...

I don't know, it seems is great for most sausages but that the variety of cheeses is limited. That said, that's just someone living in Barcelona saying that.

I don't care, I already live in the region of Parmesan

Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Ironically I actually like Central Manhattan more during the night. Times Square at about 2-3am is actually quite chill and a nice place to hang out
well yea, central Manhattan mostly doesn't get desolate of sketchy. Just not crowded. Though I wandered around Midtown at 2:30 am and few were out.

Quote:
Not really, that said taking the JMZ or the AC through eastern Brooklyn is a test of nerves
yea, I'd be wary going on that past 11 pm or so.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:18 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,332,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
well yea, central Manhattan mostly doesn't get desolate of sketchy. Just not crowded. Though I wandered around Midtown at 2:30 am and few were out.

yea, I'd be wary going on that past 11 pm or so.
Lol I'd be wary of going on that anytime of day. I think even taking the train through the sketchier neighborhoods in Lima or Buenos Aires isn't as scary as going through Eastern Brooklyn

It can feel a tad desolate, but there will always be people out so it's not really scary at all. That's my preferred time for exploring Manhattan. Lol

Old 06-20-2017, 11:19 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,370,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
No, he pays. Wasn't trying to brag, it was kinda implied he would pay. But it's a bit uncomfortable for your friend to pay all the time and keep feeling like "why are we doing stuff that burns money?". He's still better than owen... How much does your friend make?
He earns about $900 a week, not rich but more than enough - especially considering he lives at home with mommy still and pays no rent. Dude only plays his phone bill and car bill, not even insurance.

He talks about how he can "wipe his ass" with $20 but is too stingy to even pay half for a bottle of liquor that I'd buy for both of us to drink or for cigarettes. I can't stand people like that. If he wasn't such a braggart I wouldn't give him a hard time because I honestly don't mind paying for people when I have the money - I want everyone to have a good time.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
$900 - that's about £712. It's definitely a decent amount but not spectacular imo. Not sure it's worth bragging about.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,332,195 times
In NYC $900 is not even enough to cover one month of rent lol. Altho I imagine down there in Miami Fla it will go a bit farther

Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Lol I'd be wary of going on that anytime of day. I think even taking the train through the sketchier neighborhoods in Lima or Buenos Aires isn't as scary as going through Eastern Brooklyn
I took the A though eastern Brooklyn at 8 pm on weekend; nearly full train with a lot people coming back from the beach. Didn't feel sketchy. View out the J/Z is kind gritty and just depressing. Both the area and passengers look kinda down. Didn't feel dangerous, though I rode in daytimes.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:22 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
But the rainfall comes down a lot heavier, which makes cover more necessary on a rainy day. You don't even need a good or umbrella in much of this lighter rain. Heavy rain often comes in at an angle anyway, negating the usefulness of cover. One factor that makes the UK in general feel wetter than it is, is the fact that winter highs are lower and therefore the ground do is a always sodden throughout much of the year. Whereas in the summer we can have the opposite problem, and the grass can turn yellow.

And yes you've told me, Brits that you meet think that NZ is a dry, scorching Mediterranean paradise
Heavy rain more typically comes straight down here - while horizontal rain is more typically moderate to heavy squalls from the SW, which are short in duration. Cover can sometimes get wet right to the store front, but not often.

It sounds like you're saying that the UK doesn't need cover, because it rains more -not seeing the logic there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
That actually comes across as kinda trolly/passive aggressive.
I just find it an interesting subject, and am interested in whether it has weather related origins, or some other reason (can't think of any though). It does seem that some view it as a slight against the UK, but it isn't -I don't have a view on whether there should be covered sidewalks there, just on why there aren't any, as it seems logical to have them there.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:23 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,370,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
$900 - that's about £712. It's definitely a decent amount but not spectacular imo. Not sure it's worth bragging about.
Among a group of dudes in their early-mid 20s that half don't have well paying jobs, I guess it's something to "brag" about lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather