Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 08:07 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Lol, you'd probably hear La Macarena more at least in Venezuela. We sing La Cucaracha though lol.
Haha I forgot about the La Macarena craze.

I lost count the number of times we did it at schools and parties. It was even played at my grandparents' 50th anniversary party lol.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
That being said, I haven't had a good Bandeja Paisa in a while I think I'm overdue for one.
Me too I am also missing cholados hard, best fruit salad ever

In Perú I dont think Ive ever heard La Macarena. The music people here listen to seems to be 1/3 eighties music, 1/3 Argentinian rock, and 1/3 reggaeton

Old 06-19-2017, 09:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I don't want to flood the thread with too many comments without contributing. I need to start taking more photos myself. I just feel weird taking pictures in busier areas because I don't want to look suspicious.
I was amused Rozenn traveled to NYC and took photos of one of the worst neighborhoods of the city. Phone camera helps by being more discrete. I barely use my real camera these days except for hiking trips. Don't see the point of lugging around an SLR to places I've taken photos of 10 times already when my phone camera is usually decent. Perhaps I should give it a try again.

Quote:
Oh, I look at that thread every day. The reason I don't comment much is because I normally don't have pics of my own and I don't wanna be one of those people that just does drive-by comments without contributing to the thread. But trust me, I take notice of your nice pics! Among other people, like Rozenn, Guajara, Jakobsli, Cambium, Hiromant, FG, Baba etc. And I've noticed Razza has been posting pics recently too (very nice btw).
Thanks.

I like the variety in that thread. Yea, Razza just posted some nice photos; had no idea what his area looked like. A couple northern Italian posters post good photos, too; especially one living in a valley in the Alps near Turin. And one northern German posters, Alphatier? Ed's Mountain is good, too.

There was a while back I spent a bunch of time posting a lot of my photos and they got no response; meanwhile owen posted a few photos and a bunch of posters responded to make fun of him. Got rather annoyed they hijacked and ignored my photos [mine were more interesting, why was owen's hotel so interesting?]; ignored their complaints on owen ever after...

Old 06-19-2017, 09:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
That response really isn't related to what I said though. Your position is contradictory and doesn't make sense. You act surprised that we don't have covered streets, but then go on to list reasons as to why don't have them - including the climate here not being conductive to covered streets because it presumably isn't as nice as it is there (but one of the reasons to have covered streets is to protect yourself from rain, which is more frequent here than there).

Honestly, you just need to let it go. New Zealand must be the only country in the world where covered streets are the norm. There is no appetite here for every street to be covered.
It's just an interest thing and I'm not losing sleep over it . UK is a wet climate, yet streets sidewalks aren't covered -presumably because the weather much of the year isn't up to sitting outside anyway. It seems obvious to me that town s would afford shoppers more cover, but not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
The place where he lives is wetter than most of the UK. In fact most major cities in NZ are pretty wet, why has everyone overlooked this?
Higher rainfall, but my climate also has less rain days than the UK. Brits here generally have something to say about it feeling drier here than they're use to.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:25 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I was amused Rozenn traveled to NYC and took photos of one of the worst neighborhoods of the city. Phone camera helps by being more discrete. I barely use my real camera these days except for hiking trips. Don't see the point of lugging around an SLR to places I've taken photos of 10 times already when my phone camera is usually decent. Perhaps I should give it a try again.

Thanks.

I like the variety in that thread. Yea, Razza just posted some nice photos; had no idea what his area looked like. A couple northern Italian posters post good photos, too; especially one living in a valley in the Alps near Turin. And one northern German posters, Alphatier? Ed's Mountain is good, too.

There was a while back I spent a bunch of time posting a lot of my photos and they got no response; meanwhile owen posted a few photos and a bunch of posters responded to make fun of him. Got rather annoyed they hijacked and ignored my photos [mine were more interesting, why was owen's hotel so interesting?]; ignored their complaints on owen ever after...
I like to look at lots of photos, but it only takes one post with a couple of big photos, and the page is screwed.

I haven't seen many photos from the US ore Europe in ages.I just read the text, and try to visualise the images

Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 PM

Guys can you see my file that I ulpoaded? Not sure if it works
Attached Thumbnails
General Chat Thread 3-20170603_140551.jpg  

Old 06-19-2017, 10:50 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
I see it

Old 06-19-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I see it
Awesome, thanks! Get ready to see a barrage of photos from me lol

Old 06-20-2017, 12:45 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Guys can you see my file that I ulpoaded? Not sure if it works
Are you a white girl?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,599,580 times
I was looking randomly on streetview around east London. These streets seem a bit unusual for the area, with their brick surface rather than tarmac. It looks more Dutch or Belgian than London? Sky conditions look typical for the summer.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...89116?hl=en-gb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather