Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,357,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
It just is. Especially with clouds it feels very cold and requires a jacket
To you.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,332,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
To you.
To many people. Look at how everyone is dressed in Lima when it's wintertime

Old 07-13-2017, 02:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,621,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Also, you don't seem to be concerned by "cold rain" when you give B's to wet climates in northern Spain.

Spain >>> Everywhere

I took the environmental factor in consideration, as told before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But that means Spain gets cold rain in the winter too then?? And I have already said that Malta gets heavy showers in the winter, not days full of rain. Check the winter sunshine stats... I really don't see how 16C average highs can have "cold" winter rain & 17C average winter highs are not lol... 16C is hardly cold anyway.

And again Valencia got the lower rating for the cold record lows...

lol, those cold record lows in Valencia which you mention happened 1 time in the whole history and they won't happen again. That day even the airport which is inland recorded a temperature +3ºC warmer, not sure what happened there.

We just have to look at the averages of Valencia or which kinds of plants they grow (full of Howeas, many Roystoneas, full of Mangos, Avocados, etc) to see that it's an almost freezeless zone, and it barely gets a very, very light freeze 1 time every... 12-14 years? (i'm talking just about the city of Valencia, which is in front of the sea, of course) freezes under -1ºC in Valencia happen once every 20-30 years.

Bro, it's also the time which it takes to be warm in Malta, something which I took in consideration. Luqa averages 15.6ºC and 15.6ºC in January and February. 17.3ºC in March. Even April is under 20ºC... that's a very strong reason, isn't it? And again, C+ is not bad. Valencia is more similar to your dream climate and it warms up pretty quick in March-April but you gave it here a D just for what happened 1 time in the history? i'm sure this has a lot to do in relationship with my rating to Luqa from before, as even to Scilly you gave it a C and Scilly is worlds apart from Valencia in anything related to warmth or sunshine.

You also appreciate a lot the warmth on winters and the possibility to grow as much tropical palms and plants as you can, and Valencia can grow tons more than Scilly can do. Without counting that Valencia has got true summers. Scilly has springs for summers. Also the winter sunshine in Scilly is almost unknown, whilst in Valencia is 3x times bigger. Well, they're worlds apart in anything. But you rate it lower?

Old 07-13-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
To many people. Look at how everyone is dressed in Lima when it's wintertime
Below 15*C? You gotta be kidding me

Old 07-13-2017, 02:24 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,032,668 times
How are there averages for Benidorm anyway? There are none on the AEMET site, where are the averages coming from?

Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM

I don't wear any jacket when it is 13*C. Long armed t-shirt is enough at 13*C.

I do carry it in my hand in case temperature drops lower.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:28 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,032,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
I took the environmental factor in consideration, as told before.

lol, those cold record lows in Valencia which you mention happened 1 time in the whole history and they won't happen again. That day even the airport which is inland recorded a temperature +3ºC warmer, not sure what happened there.

We just have to look at the averages of Valencia or which kinds of plants they grow (full of Howeas, many Roystoneas, full of Mangos, Avocados, etc) to see that it's an almost freezeless zone, and it barely gets a very, very light freeze 1 time every... 12-14 years? (i'm talking just about the city of Valencia, which is in front of the sea, of course) freezes under -1ºC in Valencia happen once every 20-30 years.

Bro, it's also the time which it takes to be warm in Malta, something which I took in consideration. Luqa averages 15.6ºC and 15.6ºC in January and February. 17.3ºC in March. Even April is under 20ºC... that's a very strong reason, isn't it? And again, C+ is not bad. Valencia is more similar to your dream climate and it warms up pretty quick in March-April but you gave it here a D just for what happened 1 time in the history? i'm sure this has a lot to do in relationship with my rating to Luqa from before, as even to Scilly you gave it a C and Scilly is worlds apart from Valencia in anything related to warmth or sunshine. You also appreciate a lot the possibility to grow as much tropical palms and plants as you can, and Valencia can grow tons more than Scilly can do. But you rate it lower? Strange.
Doesn't matter, it could happen again

And it may take longer to warm up in the spring in Malta, due to seasonal lag, but on the other hand it takes longer to cool down than elsewhere during the autumn & early winter too...

Valencia is nothing like my dream climate, my dream climate is somewhere in Hawaii lol...

Scilly got a C (it's lovely that you pay so much attention to what I rate by the way lol) because it amazingly mild for the latitude dude

You voted cool oceanic crap climates that you supposedly hate a B, just because they are in Spain, so I hardly think you can call others out on their climate ratings bruh

Old 07-13-2017, 02:29 PM

699 posts, read 369,140 times
I wear jackets but unzipped between 8c to 14c Below 8c its zipped below I'd say 1c I'm putting on layers.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,621,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Yeah, what about the winter highs? They look pretty similar to Valencia tbh, one of your dream climates.
Damnit, what is hard to understand? they are not that similar, 1ºC does a lot in winter, as well as 2ºC in March lol...

Wettest months in Valencia: October, September, November
Wettest months in Malta: December, November, January

Average highs in Valencia from January to April: 16.4ºC, 17.1ºC, 19.3ºC, 21.0ºC
Average highs in Malta from January to April: 15.6ºC, 15.6ºC, 17.3ºC, 19.8ºC

We also take account that the summers are slightly warmer in Malta, which is also a con for it. And besides all of those, I rate Luqa a C+ and Balzan B/B-.
Not sure why do I have to explain it that much if I gave high ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Doesn't matter, it could happen again

And it may take longer to warm up in the spring in Malta, due to seasonal lag, but on the other hand it takes longer to cool down than elsewhere during the autumn & early winter too...

Valencia is nothing like my dream climate, my dream climate is somewhere in Hawaii lol...

Scilly got a C (it's lovely that you pay so much attention to what I rate by the way lol) because it amazingly mild for the latitude dude

You voted cool oceanic crap climates that you supposedly hate a B, just because they are in Spain, so I hardly think you can call others out on their climate ratings bruh
i'm sure it not. Valentia was always known in continental Europe as the warmest city, tropical looking not only for any conquistador but also even for the Castillians, which didn't believe what they've seen when they arrived there: lots of oranges, full of palm trees, people wearing normal clothes in the winter, green grass in the winter... i'm sure that it won't never happen again, there are things which happen just 1 time in history just as that freeze from Valencia, if we exclude 1954-1956 from the records, then Valencia never had a single temperature under -3ºC in the whole history of their AEMET station.

There are Howeas and Avocados growing in Valencia since the 70s. We both know that both of those are very susceptible to various hours of freezes, even if they're light freezes. As well as some kinds of Archontophoenix. For example, I didn't see in my whole life Bismarckias growing faster in a non tropical climate than they do in Gandia (I will post pics again in PT and in the palm thread here)

In fact, those Bismarckias from Gandia were planted in 2005 or so, I posted pics of their Google Street View aspect from 2008, 2011, 2014? You can't believe how they look now. OMG just like the Miami ones! But it's true that Gandia has a warmer climate and it has much less possibility to freezes than Valencia does. In the map which AEMET made based in 1956, Gandia was +4ºC warmer than Valencia that day.

Last edited by ase42dv; 07-13-2017 at 02:40 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 02:32 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...a-malta-2.html

Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather