Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,848,695 times

Advertisements

NWS Charleston is now mentioning it as well.

Long term /Thursday night through Sunday/...
the models continue the tricky trend of flip flopping and showing
different solutions in the long term. The 00z GFS keeps up dry into
Friday, then develops a coastal trough Saturday followed by moving a
storm system through on Sunday. The 00z European model (ecmwf) keeps US dry Thursday
night, then moves a story system through Friday into Saturday
followed by drying conditions on Sunday. Little weight was given to
the long term forecast. But it should be noted that both models show
much colder air moving into the region behind the storm system.
We'll need to keep an eye on the timing of the cold air arriving to
make sure we don't have any non-liquid precipitation issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
NC/VA getting slammed while PA gets almost nothing. The ultimate muslim12 troll run, lol.
Lol I'm speechless, Tom is probably drooling at this.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:58 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Lol I'm speechless, Tom is probably drooling at this.
"The US South is a flawed Subtropical Climate Part 57"

He'd somehow find someway to whine about it even if those 33" of snow fell nowhere close to Philly lol.

Btw - 80 F with a 71 F dew point here however the forecast has changed a lot from even a few days ago, no highs above 80 F in the forecast after Wednesday with a good amount of lows in the 50s. It seems like a huge task to get even "average" winter weather nowadays down here.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
"The US South is a flawed Subtropical Climate Part 57"

He'd somehow find someway to whine about it even if those 33" of snow fell nowhere close to Philly lol.

Btw - 80 F with a 71 F dew point here however the forecast has changed a lot from even a few days ago, no highs above 80 F in the forecast after Wednesday with a good amount of lows in the 50s. It seems like a huge task to get even "average" winter weather nowadays down here.
I wish I could say same, I swear I would cheer those snow totals on if the lows that followed were not so. Oh well it is the will of God, best not to get to caught up on all this and go with the flow. Also gfs continued to back off my warmup, we might not break 60 tomorrow or Wednesday now. I swear I feel like Tom always tried to make philly seem as warm or warmer than the south.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:10 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Dreary day here...currently 34 F/1 C with rain. Freezing Rain Advisory until 2:00PM. Might be a little icy in higher elevations. Rain still expected tomorrow, but much cooler than previously forecast (40 F/4 C as opposed to near 50 F/10 C).

Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,848,695 times
Quote:
I wish I could say same, I swear I would cheer those snow totals on if the lows that followed were not so. Oh well it is the will of God, best not to get to caught up on all this and go with the flow. Also gfs continued to back off my warmup, we might not break 60 tomorrow or Wednesday now. I swear I feel like Tom always tried to make philly seem as warm or warmer than the south.
The warm air will stay down here until Wednesday. Friday-Monday could be below 50 F here and at least 2 of the days will have full sun. That's almost 100 hours of continuous sub 10 C weather down here. I hope it verifies.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:18 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Eh, I felt like he tried to make both seem as cold as possible. The way he described Philly, it was like it had Nunavut winters with Siberia-like continentality

Also, the comparison to climates like West Europe or Australia like they're supposed to be similar climate despite the vastly different geography was rather silly.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:11 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
What a mess in Florida and Louisiana today.

Current map. 80s over and over again in Florida. Tornado warnings, squall lines and severe weather in LA

The back edge is near the TX/LA border. Sunny in Texas right now

Old 01-02-2017, 11:13 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
What a mess in Florida and Louisiana today.

Current map. 80s over and over again in Florida. Tornado warnings, squall lines and severe weather in LA

The back edge is near the TX/LA border. Sunny in Texas right now
Hot in McAllen, TX...88 F/31 C

Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 AM

Euro coming in, so far not giving in to GFS.... so far.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather