Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 05:06 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
No comment on euro other than it is insane, record breaking snowfall. This snowfall would break records in January even, let alone mid march. I am speechless, average highs are pushing mid 60s around that time. Think the euro is drunk. Push it 300 miles north and you have something that looks reasonable. My forecast for next weekend went from 70s and wet to 60s and wet with one day in the 50s. So much for a warm march. It's been either seasonable or below...

Euro on a boat on its own, what is wrong with the euro lately. It has SUCKED.

I saw it was suppressed south but didn't think there was that much snow that far south. lolol Don't sweat it, I doubt that will happen but I learned never doubt weather and mother nature. ANYTHING can happen!

I might have to start a thread for this one to keep track of it. Will wait till tomorrow to see if overnight runs have a storm still.

The players for this storm is still out in the Pacific and Arctic so models aren't sure what the solution is yet till things get closer to land.

Scary thing if you go in the middle of Euro and GFS solution that means northern mid Atlantic snowstorm. lol Philly snow extreme coming?

Current 850mb temps. Look at that Polar Vortex cold airmass at 5000'. Wow Large area for March it seems.

I spy a ridge building in the East now. Warmth coming.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 05:09 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times
^^
Anything can happen, but this is a week from now! Gfs has the snow storm north over Pennsylvania, the euro on the other hand has gone bonkers! I bet the gfs caves south first before the euro caves north more. Next few days are going to suck watching what happens. If we go by averages, that much snow here in mid March is like that much snow in Jacksonville or Gainesville or anywhere in northern Florida in january... uhmm, don't think it ever snowed that much there.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:33 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
^^
Anything can happen, but this is a week from now! Gfs has the snow storm north over Pennsylvania, the euro on the other hand has gone bonkers! I bet the gfs caves south first before the euro caves north more. Next few days are going to suck watching what happens. If we go by averages, that much snow here in mid March is like that much snow in Jacksonville or Gainesville or anywhere in northern Florida in january... uhmm, don't think it ever snowed that much there.
I just checked NWS Raleigh discussion just for curiosity.. they dont even wanna mention the frozen stuff from the Euro. Lol. They do say "cool & wet" though but they are going to forecast the warmer solution for now

Its gonna come down to what the Upper Low in canada does. How far south does it come??

Quote:
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
300 PM EST Sun Mar 5 2017

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

Models vary with the movement of the deep low over Ontario. The GFS
keeps the system confined across Canada with a lead s/w rounding the
base and tries to drive a cold front into our region by Friday. The
ECMWF has the same s/w though it aids to drag the Ontario low sewd,
driving the cold front across central NC by the end of the week,
resulting in the arrival of a much cooler air mass.

In addition, the GFS is faster moving a system out of the southern
Plains and crossing the lower OH Valley Saturday. The ECMWF is
slower and has a more southern track across the lower MS Valley. The
GFS will keep up in the warm sector while the ECMWF suggest
increasing threat for overrunning and a cool/wet scenario of the end
of the weekend

Considering the weather pattern the past few weeks, will lean toward
the upper air pattern that favors the warmer solution
. This should
yield high temps in the 60s for the remainder of the week/weekend.
If the ECMWF is more correct, may see max temps more in the 50s
especially Sat/Sun. Only indication of a potential frost, and that
looks slim at this time, would be late Wednesday night/early
Thursday morning

Old 03-05-2017, 05:39 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times
GFS already begun caving south, Temps here are plummeting faster than forecast. Looks like another freeze, you have to be kidding me. Meanwhile Charlotte and Columbia sit comfortably in the 50s. Bet the freezes have took us from ahead of normal to slower start to spring.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
weather underground has it fairly chilly next weekend, barely going above freezing

Old 03-05-2017, 06:04 PM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Euro cold 6-10 day. What an unpredictable pattern we have this first half of March!

https://twitter.com/true_weather/sta...35685653073923

Old 03-05-2017, 06:06 PM

Gfs

https://twitter.com/EdValleeWx/statu...18379103150081

Old 03-05-2017, 08:14 PM

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/838564333315575809

Old 03-05-2017, 09:19 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Agreed. There is still time for an insane torch to end March which I hope happens. But this coming weekend could be exciting with some snow.
March 2015 started out with snow on the ground and then we had a high of 90 near the end back where I was living.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:10 PM

4,944 posts, read 3,316,689 times
Unseasonal mild 17C yesterday midafternoon with bits of cold wind mixed into it and blooming snowdrops in my garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather