Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Only that awful woman that presents BBC Breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
She seems like someone who was on work experience and was asked to fill in because the proper presenter never turned up
I'm a lot happier now that I realise other people agree with me on this one

Every time I see her in that stupid fu***ng breakfast butty van on BBC Breakfast (what a waste of money/time) asking people simple questions about brexit and the economy I just cringe. She'd probably make a good kids TV presenter but never a main lead on BBC breakfast I've turned to Good Morning Britain now because even though I don't like Piers Morgan at least that show does not run a PC agenda and he gives his opinion

Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
She seems like someone who was on work experience and was asked to fill in because the proper presenter never turned up
She would be more suited to Newsround (is that even still on?) or preferably stacking shelves at ASDA...

Old 07-10-2017, 08:31 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I'm a lot happier now that I realise other people agree with me on this one

Every time I see her in that stupid fu***ng breakfast butty van on BBC Breakfast (what a waste of money/time) asking people simple questions about brexit and the economy I just cringe. She'd probably make a good kids TV presenter but never a main lead on BBC breakfast I've turned to Good Morning Britain now because even though I don't like Piers Morgan at least that show does not run a PC agenda and he gives his opinion
I rarely agree with Piers Morgan, and think he's a dick. But he does make for good TV because he's not scared to speak his mind.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 AM

699 posts, read 368,884 times
Quote:
Come off it - it was done on purpose to promote equality! Listen I'm all for equality and I have nothing against it but I detest having it forced on us to the extent where the BBC will purposely put certain people in certain roles to be PC.. the whole point is that this is all to serve an agenda and it makes a farce of the fight for equality when certain 'minorities' are just forced into roles or roles are adapted so that this can be done.

When I said ethnic race you know what I meant - people from minority backgrounds e.g. Black Asian and African communities. The whole thing is a farce! Ginger people are underrepresented in parliament so let's make a quota for that.. it just opens a can of worms and I hate this stupid PC world we live in now
Every single person is a part of an ethnicity including White People I knew what you meant but the context was wrong.

Ethnicity - the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

Maybe she was used to promote equality but I doubt it was for any malicious reasons. Did you say the same thing when Martha Jones was the companion back in 2007? Jesus christ there is so much things in this world to worry about yet you worry about a mixed race lesbian Woman being the companion of the Doctor in a fictional Tv programme.

I watched the whole series and I felt nothing forced down my throat, maybe you was offended by her being on the programme.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I watched the whole series and I felt nothing forced down my throat, maybe you was offended by her being on the programme.
I was more offended by her bad acting tbh. Although she ticks a bunch of quota boxes for the Beeb so it's all good

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
I can't recall the last time I watched TV.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:36 AM

699 posts, read 368,884 times
Quote:
I was more offended by her bad acting tbh. Although she ticks a bunch of quota boxes for the Beeb so it's all good
Was you offended by other badly written and widely unpopular companions like, Clara?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:38 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
Every single person is a part of an ethnicity including White People I knew what you meant but the context was wrong.

Ethnicity - the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

Maybe she was used to promote equality but I doubt it was for any malicious reasons. Did you say the same thing when Martha Jones was the companion back in 2007? Jesus christ there is so much things in this world to worry about yet you worry about a mixed race lesbian Woman being the companion of the Doctor in a fictional Tv programme.

No I don't watch Doctor Who and I have no problem with mix raced lesbian women - but it was quite clearly an attempt to promote equality - which in itself is the wrong way to go about it.

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/amp/hollywoodlife.com/2017/03/31/doctor-who-gay-companion-bill-potts-lesbian/amp/[/url]

Look at this, it just detracts from the main point of the show! TV shows are not there to promote equality they are there for entertainment purposes

Old 07-10-2017, 08:38 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I can't recall the last time I watched TV.
Me neither. I threw it away when moving in the summer of 2013.

Total crap all of it

The sports and politics I want to watch I can do perfectly fine on my computer.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
No I don't watch Doctor Who and I have no problem with mix raced lesbian women - but it was quite clearly an attempt to promote equality - which in itself is the wrong way to go about it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/hollywo...s-lesbian/amp/

Look at this, it just detracts from the main point of the show! TV shows are not there to promote equality they are there for entertainment purposes
It makes reference to the gay Captain Jack character, but that was done well. It didn't feel forced because he was a good character played by a good actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather