Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I disagree. White and snowy= dead. With the dead looking leafless trees and the gray sky. Its all gray like a scene from a depressing movie. We haven't seen a glimpse of the sun for 5 days. The weather lady just said "and we should actually see a glimpse of the sun tomorrow". Then I have another 5 days forecasted with no sun whatsoever.
Where I live (NW of Europe so called "temperate" oceanic climate), we had a late winter cold spell and blizzard last week, maybe the fact that I was just back from vacationing in Cancun, but I just couldn't take it , I was just thinking "the media romanticize snow talking of white shroud but a shroud is what dead people are covered in, I don't want to be buried alive"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,418,823 times
Winter's outstayed its welcome here.

In fact it's been like winter since mid-September last year. Horrible 7 months of weather.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I was just thinking "the media romanticize snow talking of white shroud but a shroud is what dead people are covered in, I don't want to be buried alive"!
Unless you get caught in an avalanche, only the landscape is buried, not the people. Besides, burying the landscape in white makes it look better, and the fact is snow is awesome . Anyway, I think that's enough pro-winter arguments for the "I hate winter" thread. I'll leave you snow-haters to your own devices...

Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM

797 posts, read 1,344,383 times
Not much living in soil that is frozen

Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times
I am so ****Ing sick of winter. We got half a foot of snow last night now it is absolutely freezing with brutal windchill. Whitnessed a pretty bad accident today to. No fun this winter!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,888,487 times
It's been reaching nearly 70 F every day here the past week so I'll try to send you snow-haters some of my mild weather.

In exchange, you have to promise to do this: Send San Jose it's first snow accumulation since 1976 sometime during the winter of 2013-2014. Preferably on Christmas Day and at least 2 inches of accumulation. Flurries don't count.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,328 times
snowdaycalulator says 99% chance of snow day tomorrow and 45% chance of snow day on Wednesday. Even the winter and snow lovers here are complaining and saying we'd rather have school than a snow day.

And we've all been thinking the dreaded phrase "ice storm" in the back of our heads since they are talking heavy snow, ice, and power outages.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM

559 posts, read 748,241 times
It's March 18, "spring" is just 2 days away, but yet it's 32 degrees out and sleeting. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

On this day last year it was 71 F and I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. There were already flowers blooming and it was starting to look green out already. Today the grass is almost completely brown still, you can barely see the buds on the trees, and there is still snow on the ground. What a difference a year makes!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
It's March 18, "spring" is just 2 days away, but yet it's 32 degrees out and sleeting. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

On this day last year it was 71 F and I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. There were already flowers blooming and it was starting to look green out already. Today the grass is almost completely brown still, you can barely see the buds on the trees, and there is still snow on the ground. What a difference a year makes!
And it was in the teens this morning. This March is quite a contrast from last year.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post

I find it fascinating.
I remember a few years ago about 2 days of snow was the most we'd get in March and the snow would've melted by the end of the day. Tomorrow I am forecast a high of 2c and it will be the 6th day I have seen snow this month.

It doesn't take long to stick either if its above 0c whereas last year it would have to snow for several hours to stick. I remember the 2009 storm that dropped several feet on the hills took all day to stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather