Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Winter can’t be sufficiently despised!
I despise winter with a cold-blooded passion.
Winter is ugly, brutal, and utterly useless. Winter is an annual disease that afflicts too many places. Winter comes as an unwelcome guest, stays too long, and makes everything miserable. Winter makes me mutter profane vulgarities everytime I go outside to see the ugly gray sky and feel the icy wind.
When winter arrives the only important thing is; when is it going to depart?
Winter can’t do anything for life because it can only kill and destroy.
Winter causes high heating costs.
Winter is one of nature’s greatest mistakes.
If winter could be personified, it should be beaten over the head with a 2 X 4, placed on the wall, gunned down, and bulldozed into a permanent grave from which it shall never emerge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times

Old 03-02-2009, 12:02 AM

177 posts, read 425,298 times
Oh god, the talk of winter "ills" only serves to enhance further the arrival of our winter with bated breath

Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Winter can’t be sufficiently despised!
I despise winter with a cold-blooded passion.
Winter is ugly, brutal, and utterly useless. Winter is an annual disease that afflicts too many places. Winter comes as an unwelcome guest, stays too long, and makes everything miserable. Winter makes me mutter profane vulgarities everytime I go outside to see the ugly gray sky and feel the icy wind.
When winter arrives the only important thing is; when is it going to depart?
Winter can’t do anything for life because it can only kill and destroy.
Winter causes high heating costs.
Winter is one of nature’s greatest mistakes.
If winter could be personified, it should be beaten over the head with a 2 X 4, placed on the wall, gunned down, and bulldozed into a permanent grave from which it shall never emerge.
I AGREE!!!! Winter can go to hell. Can't stand it, just cant bloody stand it. The constant cloud, drizzle, cold lifeless misery is just bloody depressing, and me being a stargazer, down right INFURIATING, especially here in cold and cloudy melbourne

The climate here SUCKS more than what could be expressed in words

Old 03-02-2009, 10:12 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Sometimes it almost amazes me that people who would prefer tempetures to remain under 70 F (21 C) for as long as possible,
year-round even for some of them, that they aren't an entirely different species than myself.

*I have zero hatred towards cold-weather lovers... just confusion, a lot of confusion.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Sometimes it almost amazes me that people who would prefer tempetures to remain under 70 F (21 C) for as long as possible,
year-round even for some of them, that they aren't an entirely different species than myself.

*I have zero hatred towards cold-weather lovers... just confusion, a lot of confusion.
Your jaw will be on the ground if you go on Weatherone forums. Those creatures are not only allergic to summer, but they'll label anyone who loves heat as borderline criminals. The anti-summer and anti-heat ideology is stunning there, and liking heat is literally politically incorrect

Old 03-02-2009, 01:08 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Your jaw will be on the ground if you go on Weatherone forums. Those creatures are not only allergic to summer, but they'll label anyone who loves heat as borderline criminals. The anti-summer and anti-heat ideology is stunning there, and liking heat is literally politically incorrect
It's going on here too, the simpletons on all our UK weather forums are having orgasms over the potential very cold weather this March will apparently bring, and for them they would be happy if we never exceeded 10c/50f all year round.

If they like it so much they should live in damn walk in fridge.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
Look! we all just have to move. We have to. Stop finding excuses to stay. Romance, family imnvolvements, finances ect. Get on that damn bus and go Greyhound. Im getting closer! We all can do it! We have to do it. Anybody that disagrees can go pound sand!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
So in their mind, it should be "criminal" that I don't like it when my fingers and toes hurt and/or lose co-ordination?
(pure coincidence it's from cold, but its ALWAYS from cold )
I don't think I want to see their website; too much negativity, plus it would feel like it's directed at me.

If I was a different species of human, my "species" would be the kind intended for 18-39 C, (65-104 F) with a strong-fondness for 24-34 C. (75-94 F)
What do you think, SAB?

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 03-02-2009 at 02:21 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Look! we all just have to move. We have to. Stop finding excuses to stay. Romance, family imnvolvements, finances ect. Get on that damn bus and go Greyhound. Im getting closer! We all can do it! We have to do it. Anybody that disagrees can go pound sand!
I have a legitimate excuse;
moving anywhere with an annual average high of even 60+ F requires immigration.
(when I'd prefer an annual average high of at least 75 F )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather