Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 08:21 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,217,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Knowing the lower 48’s luck these past several years, especially east of the Rockies, the eastern two thirds of the lower forty eight may not even get warmer than average at all this year, I’m sure that Shalop would love that if it would ever happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 08:22 AM

585 posts, read 245,375 times
The sun actually exists in Southern Ontario this morning. Peaks of blue sky and sun visible here that have been sorely missed over the past 2 weeks. One can only hope that the pattern we've been in since the start of the month can break down a bit for the region.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Not even. Mcallen hit 93 F today. Been warmer than you for most of the day.

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KMFE.html

Lame. Hopefully I don't see 90's (or even 70s) for a looooong time. Even my room temperature hasn't been above 70 in a couple months (except for those 2 days earlier this month when it reached into the mid 60s here). Most days it stays between 55-65 F, so I can't even imagine 90 F right now.
My house is well insulated. My house didn't rise above 71 downstairs and 74 upstairs during this "heatwave" and in fact this morning it was 42 I had to change the heat set temp to 70 instead of 68.

Austin hit 91 yesterday, an epic day. I planted a hibiscus and two junipers as well as 12 begonias.

The sun felt great, nice and warm. It's the first day I actually have enjoyed the weather in several months.

Last night I was downtown walking around. Dinner it was 80 by end of dinner it was 70. Walked around when the temp was in the upper 60's, a north wind was blowing but I was in long sleeves rolled up and it felt fine.

Today is a crappy day but I'll get groceries, do laundry, etc... All the chores. Tomorrow will be back above 70 so I'll do stuff outside tomorrow.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190...hit-91-degrees

Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Current radar and flow at 27,000 feet. Snow Missing us to the south today. What else is new.

Flat flow down south.

Yesterdays Max temps. I wish they would fix that 105 in Texas. Anyway.. Wow at the 80s and 90s while 30s in Oklahoma.

Texas was the warmest state yesterday. I definitely "felt the heat" yesterday, spend several hours at high noon first going to Lowe's to get some plants then planting them.

Today is overcast, cloudy, and cold in the 40's. I don't think it will get out of the 40's. The high was at midnight when it was mid 60's.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,217,674 times
^^^^^^^^^

Cbach is anything growing or blooming in Austin yet, are the trees beginning to bud or leaf out just yet?? You replying to these questions would help me get an idea as to whether anything is budding or leafing out in my secondary residence in Fort Worth Texas.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
^^^^^^^^^

Cbach is anything growing or blooming in Austin yet, are the trees beginning to bud or leaf out just yet?? You replying to these questions would help me get an idea as to anything is budding or leafing out in my secondary residence in Fort Worth Texas.
Yes. Look at the photo thread.

My peach tree is budding, this is two weeks early. It will be fruiting in April.

Winter kale is still doing well although if we get some more hot days I'll have to move them to the shade.

Blushing princesses and rosemary are blooming. I will take a picture of this.

Lantana is starting to green up. The unfortunate freeze in late November killed it off and I had to cut it back then but it's doing fine. You simply trim back to the earth and let it restart growing.

The oleanders finally started growing, the week of 70's a week ago and the 91 degree day yesterday made it sprout a bit.

The rose bushes are in full bloom but not the mini rose bushes. However, my mini rose bush is green now. It had lost its leaves after the hard freeze.

The poinsettias are on their last straws. They probably have one or two weeks then I have to take them out and put springlike plants in.

Australian Bottlebrushes haven't started growing but at least this year they weren't killed back like last year.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 AM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
^^
Don't expect Spring conditions for at least another month around here

https://twitter.com/MikeHamernik/sta...07051156770816

Old 02-16-2019, 09:49 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Expect summer temps where i am.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:02 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Texas was the warmest state yesterday. I definitely "felt the heat" yesterday, spend several hours at high noon first going to Lowe's to get some plants then planting them.

Ahhh, the days of heading out to get outdoor stuff for projects. Soon it will be happening here too. Seasons come and go so fast. I can sense how landscape buds are exploding there now with those 80s and 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togan93 View Post
The sun actually exists in Southern Ontario this morning. Peaks of blue sky and sun visible here that have been sorely missed over the past 2 weeks. One can only hope that the pattern we've been in since the start of the month can break down a bit for the region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Doesn’t look like we will even get to above freezing today in Indianapolis, the damn low clouds are filtering in from the north. Thanks Great Lakes
Check it out. The southern clouds are from the system. Not sure what the Great Lake clouds are from. Guess the lakes. lol.

I'm in the sunny section. Looks sunny in Ontario too as you said.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:01 AM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
True

https://twitter.com/jhomenuk/status/1096540668690870272
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather