Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 05:40 PM

376 posts, read 240,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Compared to that island though my landmass is very large, about the same size as Australia, and that city is an inland location, and also in a location that yields a winter rain shadow not seen in summer, due to topographical layout. The climate has been calculated quite comprehensively from known wind currents, effects of landmasses on insolation, radiation and such.
Ok that makes sense lol. Sorry, when you mentioned an island I was thinking a small tropical island but if its the size of Australia that makes sense. Love the climate btw pretty similar to mine tbf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 05:41 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,870,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post

Ok that makes sense lol. Sorry, when you mentioned an island I was thinking a small tropical island but if its the size of Australia that makes sense. Love the climate btw pretty similar to mine tbf
Yeah the size of the landmass also means it has some colder climates (that I wouldn't bother with but did make some averages as well) and lots of ones more similar to yours actually. Your climate is good and would probably get a B rating from me. A is reserved for CWA climates.

What is the average number of days with thunderstorms a year?
Carven city gets 95.7 days per year, which may be an over estimation (I love storms too much).

Old 04-07-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Yeah the size of the landmass also means it has some colder climates (that I wouldn't bother with but did make some averages as well) and lots of ones more similar to yours actually. Your climate is good and would probably get a B rating from me. A is reserved for CWA climates.

What is the average number of days with thunderstorms a year?
Carven city gets 95.7 days per year, which may be an over estimation (I love storms too much).
I'd say about 40 thunderstorms per year for mine, so a little less than half the rainy days are from thunderstorms.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:28 PM
tij

453 posts, read 337,074 times
Here is my initial updated dream climate-- thoughts? I know I double posted this...

Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tij View Post
Here is my initial updated dream climate-- thoughts? I know I double posted this...
Sunshine and rainfall look good but everything else is pretty bad to me. Reminds me too much of the climate I currently experience with cool-cold winters, albeit with slightly warmer summers (but lows in the summer stay the same). I'd have to rate it a D-

Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 PM
tij

453 posts, read 337,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
Sunshine and rainfall look good but everything else is pretty bad to me. Reminds me too much of the climate I currently experience with cool-cold winters, albeit with slightly warmer summers (but lows in the summer stay the same). I'd have to rate it a D-
Ah, yes, I'd say it's like a cross between an oceanic and a subtropical highland climate... I've seen some places like this in highland southern France and in Australia. Yeah the temperature profile is still likely too cool for you (a bit chillier nights than London, in fact, since I wanted to make snowfall a bit more realistic but preserve mildness to a degree during the day) but I'd imagine you'd appreciate the higher sunshine, rainfall, and crispness compared to London, in a way that is perhaps more reminiscent of places like Mexico City.

Last edited by tij; 04-11-2019 at 11:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather