Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 AM

87 posts, read 416,676 times

Advertisements

Belize is English speaking and has a nice winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:38 PM

121 posts, read 520,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davya View Post
Belize is English speaking and has a nice winter
I actually spoke with someone sometime back who is in the peace corps over there and I gotten the feeling that the way I eat and the way they cook wouldn't match up. I could be wrong. Also, if I am not mistaken isn't it hurricane season during the fall and winter...or it rains heavy something in the weather isn't perfect during that time of year(meaning bewteen sept-march), if I am correct

Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,964,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlyhappenstance View Post
I actually spoke with someone sometime back who is in the peace corps over there and I gotten the feeling that the way I eat and the way they cook wouldn't match up. I could be wrong. Also, if I am not mistaken isn't it hurricane season during the fall and winter...or it rains heavy something in the weather isn't perfect during that time of year(meaning bewteen sept-march), if I am correct
no, hurricane season is between June-November and Nov- March is the dry season over there, summer is horrible over there because it rains like every day, and it's usually 90+ degrees with VERY high humidity.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
No problem.
For other pleasant temps, New Zealand might be nice that time of year, I'd expect highs from mid 60's to mid 70's F or 18-24 C from Sep-Mar on the North Island, however they are known for "changeable weather," so their sunshine wouldn't be very consistant... On the other hand it is a very green (lush) country.

New Mexico's mildest winter climates still have average monthly winter highs of the low 60's and thanks to dry air and clear skies, average overnight lows in from the mid 20's to mid 30's F. In Celcius, the range in southern NM of 14-17 C day and -4 to 3 C in the morning. Frost is common everywhere in the state, and every winter every part of the state will get at least one hard frost below 20 F (-7 C). The mildest place in New Mexico is right beside El Paso, Texas.

*Also, New Mexico has a very strong Spanish influence. It's not a very prosperous state economically, so I figure it's demographics are more traditional, which is more Spanish descendants and Natives than other mixed non-Spanish groups.

U.S. Virgin Islands are very warm, say 83-90 F or 28-32 C every in mid winter; heavenly temps for myself but that might be higher than you were hoping for. But the sea is plenty warm enough for swimming at about 27-29 C or 80-83 F. It is also pretty expensive. Think Hawaiian prices with a Caribbean atmosphere.

*I did allude to the U.S.V.I. when I said U.S. "territories." They have islands all over the place like Guam, Palau, American Samoa and Puerto Rico (Very Spanish, obviously)
Excellent break down of new mexico.....I was looking at new zealand the same day I got replies about australia and although expensive in new zealand it is cheaper than australia. It really starting to boil down to 1. how great will the weather be outside the U.S. compared to living inside the U.S. at one of the aforementioned locations and 2. how much cheaper will it be to live outside the states.

I think it will cost like $2000 just to get to melbourne or sydney australia. Rent isn't cheap from what I have read. The lifestyle would be like living in the U.S. which would defeat the purpose. I have more research to do and will come to a conclusion hopefully soon

Old 04-18-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
no, hurricane season is between June-November and Nov- March is the dry season over there, summer is horrible over there because it rains like every day, and it's usually 90+ degrees with VERY high humidity.
are you saying it is usually 90+ during the summer or a you saying during nov-march or both if not during nov-march then what is the temp their during this time?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,964,985 times
Quote:
are you saying it is usually 90+ during the summer or a you saying during nov-march or both if not during nov-march then what is the temp their during this time?
nah im saying during summer, sorry if i confused you, their temp from nov-march is usually from the 60's(16-21C) to the mid-80s(29C)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:
Excellent break down of new mexico.....I was looking at new zealand the same day I got replies about australia and although expensive in new zealand it is cheaper than australia. It really starting to boil down to 1. how great will the weather be outside the U.S. compared to living inside the U.S. at one of the aforementioned locations and 2. how much cheaper will it be to live outside the states.

I think it will cost like $2000 just to get to melbourne or sydney australia. Rent isn't cheap from what I have read. The lifestyle would be like living in the U.S. which would defeat the purpose. I have more research to do and will come to a conclusion hopefully soon
Your welcome.

I don't know a lot about Australia, but it does have a strong British heritage.
Wouldn't Australia would be closer to England in culture than the U.S.A.?

They have their own "pub culture" which is a variation on England's own.
I really like tea, and would be happy if England's old "tea time" culture was there too. A lot of neat sandwiches and deserts are made for English tea time. If you meant living somewhere it's nothing like America, I can see what you're saying... However that might be hard to find an English speaking country to fit that bill.

** There are a lot of British ex-pats in southern Spain and Gibraltor (sp?). Very sunny climate and winters are in the 60's and 70's F while summers are in the 90's to 110's F (very dry heat). I've seen pictures and the landscape looks like a cross between Florida and Las Vegas (semi-desert and hilly-mountainous)

Old 04-19-2008, 02:46 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Are you enjoying the warmer temperatures CC?
My family said it was in the 80s yesterday in central NH!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Are you enjoying the warmer temperatures CC?
My family said it was in the 80s yesterday in central NH!
Yes!

Thanks for asking.

Likewise I hope it's not too hot for you over in Kansas.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
nah im saying during summer, sorry if i confused you, their temp from nov-march is usually from the 60's(16-21C) to the mid-80s(29C)
Ok thanks for the clarification. I got it now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather