Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:53 AM

121 posts, read 520,080 times

Advertisements

I know this the weather topic but my questiion is 2 part. I have been contemplating leaving the U.S. for quite sometime. I want to live out my, "live like I own the world fantasy",lol. Anyhow, I was wondering where are the best climate places to live during the fall and winter U.S. months. I figure I could live there between sept-march. Ideally I would like a beach sunny mid to upper 70's. Call it a vacation home resort style lving. Outdoor activities all day such as beach volleyball, basketball, biking,free weights (or at least be able to import), and parties all night. American amenities(american foods no mystery meals).Soy,tofu,chicken fish,etc along with vitamins and supplements. Cost no more than living in down south at most(exclude south beach housing prices). No natural disasters...preferably english speaking country. I know this is probably not likely but I thought I'd throw all the good stuff out there. Basically an american place without the cost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 01:45 PM

wow of all the worldy travellers and knowledgable weather people in this forum I would've thought I'd gotten a reply. Can someone refer me to previous forums on this topic if it already has been discussed? The climate aspect which is really the core question and I can research from there all the other stuff mention in post above.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:17 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,492,323 times
perhaps try northern Fla, or even mid Fla would have that kind of weather

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM

312 posts, read 1,519,935 times
south California is for you !

Old 04-10-2008, 06:08 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,816,816 times
If you're talking average winter month daytime highs, for mid-to-upper 70's F you have either south Florida, Hawaii or other tropical U.S. "territories."

Since you mention Sep-March, if you'll settle for mid-upper 70's in Spring or Fall, you could pick a place like inland southern California, southern Arizona, south Texas or anywhere in Florida.

*All those "warm" places like San Diego, Phoenix and northern Florida average winter in the mid 60's.

You can find small pockets of warmth in the California and Arizona desert that average low 70's in January.

Extreme southern Texas averages low 70's in January.

Orlando, FL and southwards average low 70's+ F for their coolest months.

**Hurricane season starts in June, peaks in August, stays strong in September then after it dies down. If you'd settle for almost zero chance of hurricanes by October then Florida or Texas might fit.

If you want a predominantly English-speaking area, you probably have to move to an American island, because south Texas is very Spanish, the southwest like CA and AZ is quite Spanish as is south Florida. (and lately a lot of central FL too)

Why does it have to be English speaking?
Why does it have to be mid-70's F plus?

Probably all of the "affordable" areas with your temperature criteria will be very Spanish influenced.

If money was no object, Hawaii would be your ultimate destination.
Honolulu averages 79 F for it's coolest month, and pretty much all places at sea level average at least 75 F in winter.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,816,816 times
Do you understand Fahrenheit?

mid-high 70's is equal to 24-26 Celcius.

low 70's is equal to 21-23 Celcuis.

mid 60's is 18-19 Celcius.
(which is what sunny Los Angeles is in winter)

Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM

927 posts, read 1,948,613 times
If I understood your post correctly, You mentioned leaving the U.S. at least part of the year.
If you don't mind the long air flight, Australia or New Zealand might work for you. Their warm seasons are from September to March and, in some places, can be quite toasty. Cloncurry in interior Queensland has seen it hit 122 (or 50 C) just a year or two ago, as an example.
Neither are terribly expensive and both spreak English.
If that's too far afield, then I would recommend a command of elementary Spanish because no place that's inexpensive and that fits your warmth requirements will be a majority English speaking place.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Yes~what FVWinters said.

SAB lives over in Australia and he may be able to help answer any questions you'd have about it. That would be the ideal situation since you'd have summer in both countries. I'm not sure about the cost of living there though.

SAB, can you help us out?

Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,492,323 times
[quote=ColdCanadian;3421472]

*All those "warm" places like San Diego, Phoenix and northern Florida average winter in the mid 60's.

QUOTE]

lol they say mid 60's in Fla but what they mean is 75 and up... In Naples the winter average is suppose to be something like 75 degrees, and rarely does it drop below 83 or 84... Its always warmer than what they say

Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Why does it have to be English speaking?
Why does it have to be mid-70's F plus?
A.Because I speak english and I was thinking the suggestions would be out the country since I mentioned SUNNY and 70s. I like the tempurature in the 70's because it's not too hot and not too cold but just right. actually it could be low to upper but low to mid is ideal. Assuming the humidity isn't too high(whatever that would be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather