Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 07:22 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Wow, that's like in some of the more popular places of the country. I have no idea what the price will really end up being because it was still supposed to be listed yesterday. He did say his boss is adventurous and agreed to give the new person a chance. And I agree, it's a bit strange. He just said that everywhere he looked, he was reminded of his past and the life with his ex and he just wanted to do something different. He was a fairly young man so who knows~this may catch on and others may do it.

this is the site: Alife4sale.com - Ian Usher is selling his life: car, bike, jetski... as well as his house and everything inside. Buy it and he will walk away with only the clothes on his back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Victoria!
Is Victoria the only place the water is safe?
I thought Victoria is pretty chilly compared to the rest of the country.

I'd really like water up to 29-31 C, tropical water basically...
But I will tolerate some cold water down to 20 C.

I can actually tolerate 18 C, but I thought it's a good idea to be somewhere the water can't be below 20 C in summer.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
Here its the middle of winter and the ocean temps are 19 degrees
I think the beaches are fairly safe here.

Click this link:
:: Ocean Outlook ::
Not bad.
Is that normal?
I hear that in places the sea never drops below 18 C, even during the coldest winter blasts, that means the sea is warm enough to sustain coral reefs.

What is the summer sea surface temp in summer around Perth?

I saw on a tourbook for Australia that most parts don't average more than 24-27 C at its warmest in summer.

Not bad, but I'm spoiled surfing in South Carolina in August (on vacation).
Their average water temp is 29 C. (83 F)
That means on a normal or cooler day, the water feels wet but neither cool nor warm.
On a hot day (33+ C) the sea near the beach gets up over 30 C, feeling as warm as pee in some places.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Not bad.
Is that normal?
I hear that in places the sea never drops below 18 C, even during the coldest winter blasts, that means the sea is warm enough to sustain coral reefs.

What is the summer sea surface temp in summer around Perth?

I saw on a tourbook for Australia that most parts don't average more than 24-27 C at its warmest in summer.

Not bad, but I'm spoiled surfing in South Carolina in August (on vacation).
Their average water temp is 29 C. (83 F)
That means on a normal or cooler day, the water feels wet but neither cool nor warm.
On a hot day (33+ C) the sea near the beach gets up over 30 C, feeling as warm as pee in some places.
lol, yea I know what you're talking about. feels like your in a jacuzzi

Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
300,000 aus dollars = 286,000 US dollars. hmm $300,000 is cheap for a home...the average is $450,000.
Average price for a home in Perth, or average for all of Australia?

Our average home in Canada is roughly $250-350 Cdn, and lately $1 Cdn = $1 U.S.

In the larger Canadian cities, the average price for a home is between $350-500k Cdn.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
lol, yea I know what you're talking about. feels like your in a jacuzzi
lol.

Not quite, but you really couldn't tell if the ten babies and toddlers you passed by while walking by the shore in knee deep water wet themselves all at the same time, seconds before you passed by, or you just passed a warm patch of water or tidal pool that's had more heat from the sun.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Yup, that's it!! Thank you for posting the link to it. It's rather unusual, but it may become the going thing.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,505,571 times
Quote:
Is Victoria the only place the water is safe?
I thought Victoria is pretty chilly compared to the rest of the country.

I'd really like water up to 29-31 C, tropical water basically...
But I will tolerate some cold water down to 20 C.

I can actually tolerate 18 C, but I thought it's a good idea to be somewhere the water can't be below 20 C in summer.
Hey mate...

Yeah Victoria (where I live) is not the only place where the water is safe. Along the NSW and southern QLD coast the water is sage there too, although there is the odd shark attack over some years, very rare... Victoria is the safest waters i'd say, however its cold.

The southern QLd coast for swimming is the best (Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast). THe water is nice and warm. I have swam there.

Hope i could help!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,430 times
Quote:
Average price for a home in Perth, or average for all of Australia?

Our average home in Canada is roughly $250-350 Cdn, and lately $1 Cdn = $1 U.S.

In the larger Canadian cities, the average price for a home is between $350-500k Cdn.
Average home price for Perth most expensive big city in Aus!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:15 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
OMG, you mean our dollar has fallen so much that it has the same value now as yours, CC? I remember when we'd only get three fourths the amount for Canadian money here.

How is the American dollar equal to the Aussie dollar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather