Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Spring arrived in the Atlantic States quite early this year. Here in the Tri-State area (NYC/NJ/CT) it has been fairly warm most of April (NYC hit 92 F already). My garden is doing great! The sunny and warm weather however has also increased the brush fire danger in the area. Based on the warm spring…I think the USA is in for a long, long hot summer.
Yes, even when it rains there will be a Flood Advisory then the next day we'll have a Red Flag Warning or a ______ Advisory (forgot the name), its very odd.

I really hope this Summer makes up for last year's mishap. So hot that it'll raise the average highs/lows (I'm pushing it now lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times
Well, it`s suppose to be spring now but we keep getting these cold fronts and it feels more like winter right now.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:07 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,351,000 times
Trees started shedding their leaves in January. Now it's May (autumn - fall in American slang) and trees are now starting to bloom new leaves We're not even in winter yet - what the hell...

Old 05-07-2010, 05:12 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,020,382 times
Spring didn't arrive this year. It simply didn't. Not with an average maximum of 50F in May.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Here all the leaves and plants came out weeks early. We had full leaves 2-3 weeks ago and buds the first week of April. Normally some of the leaves aren't completely out at the beginning of May. And so far our average maximum has been 78F this May.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Usually in Cleveland we have two seasons, Winter which extremely long, and Summer which is too short. However; the past two Springs, especially this one have been wonderful! Last year in March was one of the least snowiest on record in Cleveland, and I don't believe that we even totalled an inch. We actually ended up getting more in April, but it was really only a dusting. Unfortunately Spring last year became more of an extended Spring, as we never really got hot last Summer, and had like maybe one or two 90 degree days. On 4th of July it was rather chilly, and I remember by 9-10PM at night wearing jeans a sweat shirt and a light jacket. This Spring was even more milder. This was the warmest April on record in Cleveland, as we've already had quite a few days in the 80s. I know in Cleveland, right? Almost all of the trees have all of their leaves on them, which ususally doesn't happen around here until the 2nd week of May. Unfortunately we are going to be getting cold this weekend. There is a massive cold front that is supposed to come through and Saturday and Sundays highs will only be in the low 50s, before slowly warming up into the 60s next week. Because of the sharp drop they're also predicting a high risk for severe thunderstorms and tornadoes for NE Ohio, which I'll believe it when I see it, as it has been quite awhile since we've had a significant tornado outbreak in NE Ohio. In fact, I think November of 2002 comes to mind for the last big one, and the worst one in the area was like an EF2. By no means am I downplaying it, because it did do significant damage. But usually when they say we're going to get severe weather it seems to miss us. I'm a bit of a weather buff myself, so I love thunderstorms.

With that, I just hope that it doesn't turn into an extended Spring, and end up like last year. I want a really hot Summer, because we haven't had one in a few years. But I am really enjoying this Spring, and this is how it must feel to live in the southern states.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 606 times
Where I live in southeast Wisconsin, trees leaf out in early to mid-may.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:51 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Very early.

Late August/early September.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:05 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
If you define spring by flowers and trees blooming, that would be middle of February here. Temp wise, I consider Spring Mar 11th to May 31st (middle 50% of temps)

Old 02-14-2017, 07:59 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Spring starts at the beginning of March where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather