Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,970 times

Advertisements

Got stuck in a traffic queue in Sheffield (aka. sh**field) and some ho in a silly little red car started beeping at me repeatedly when IT WAS QUITE CLEAR I COULDN'T MOVE ANYWHERE, what the HELL is wrong these these silly little impatient arses who just can't take 4 seconds out their precious more-important-than-everyone-elses time and expect everything to revolve around them getting their convenience? Rot you cow. Oh and Sh**field has some of the worst road layout in THE WORLD. Terrible terrible. Lanes suddenly appearing and going off to hell knows where with no markings or proper indications of what the hell is going on and I've driven around London and Manchester without any of this bullcrap.

And then you get the tossers who drive around at 30mph in a 60 or something, scared of each and every bend, slowing down to about 15mph on the approach to each one. If they aren't confident enough to do 40-60mph round these bends when I, and most people with something resembling a brain that does more than 2 calculations per second can demonstrate it is easily possible to do so, they are too cowardly too be driving and should BUGGER OFF.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,970 times
The weather forecast here looks like something from June 2012 - absolutely terrible. Listen there is no point denying this trend of terrible summers, this one is going the same way. The sun in the first week was a blip like the end of May last year. Get ready for more rain cloud and cold, it's summer these days. Pathetic! We're not going to get above 15°C in the next week here anyway - that is shocking.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Sorry to be confused about "British English" again, but is "traffic queue" a common phrase over there? I've only seen that term when studying operations management. Do you guys say "traffic jam" like in the states?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
I use traffic jam. Never heard traffic queue used before, though some people do say 'there are long queues on [insert road name here]'. But it probably just varies from person and area.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post
Got stuck in a traffic queue in Sheffield (aka. sh**field) and some ho in a silly little red car started beeping at me repeatedly when IT WAS QUITE CLEAR I COULDN'T MOVE ANYWHERE, what the HELL is wrong these these silly little impatient arses who just can't take 4 seconds out their precious more-important-than-everyone-elses time and expect everything to revolve around them getting their convenience? Rot you cow. Oh and Sh**field has some of the worst road layout in THE WORLD. Terrible terrible. Lanes suddenly appearing and going off to hell knows where with no markings or proper indications of what the hell is going on and I've driven around London and Manchester without any of this bullcrap.

And then you get the tossers who drive around at 30mph in a 60 or something, scared of each and every bend, slowing down to about 15mph on the approach to each one. If they aren't confident enough to do 40-60mph round these bends when I, and most people with something resembling a brain that does more than 2 calculations per second can demonstrate it is easily possible to do so, they are too cowardly too be driving and should BUGGER OFF.
I had the same problem the other day. I was getting on the Interstate and I had to opening to go, and it was raining. Guy behind me was honking his horn telling me to go (when I had only 4 seconds leeway from the other cars driving 55mph and my car has a puny 1.5L engine) so I gave him the finger and stayed put until I could safely go. He wants to get rear ended at highway speed, be my guest. I'm not going to be the victim here, he's not gonna pay for my totaled car and hospital bill

Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
The cloud has arrived. Ugh..

Great and I have an exam today wish me luck! Also the only thing giving me sanity is the fact im going to spain on friday night. Ugh.

Lol.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post

Oh my god tell me about it. We have thar here too. When we goto school we have to drive by a roundabout and EVERYDAY without fail there is ALWAYS an idiot who will drive out in front of us! Everytime! Then there are those pathetic drivers who drive at about 20mph. Please. Its annoying also when your at a junction and they sit at the junction for about 20 minutes waiting until there are NO cars to pull out! Stupid prats. I hate those old ones who will stop at the intersection and let every single car out! This always happens when im late! Don't even start with snow. Youd think we lived in Hawaii.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Sorry to be confused about "British English" again, but is "traffic queue" a common phrase over there? I've only seen that term when studying operations management. Do you guys say "traffic jam" like in the states?
Nobody says that!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I've never heard that term before..."traffic queue" before. How interesting.

I'm unhappy because after suffering through last week's delugue of 5" of precip., it is once again pouring. Has been for hours and hours and expected to all day too. It could be worse, it could be snow but I just gotta complain!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Oh my god. Did an ict exam and forgot the answer to something I knew really well. An hour later I still don't know it thank god it was only 6 marks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather