Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Put a fan on, it helps a lot
I think it was 76°F overnight in my bedroom with a fan, though it would be slightly cooler with the fan directly on the thermometer. I've probably slept in 26.5°C a number of times in the last few weeks, if air is flowing it doesn't feel bad to me. With two fans I have a breeze going across the room.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Fed up.

Sick of sitting in this house all summer. Nothing to do round here and my parents don't want to do anything. I always ask them and eventually they go but I feel very guilty doing that. I should have had my liscence by now but my mum pushes everything back and i'm not starting to bloody end of July. Sigh

Not trying to be a moaner but seriously, thats pathetic.

And all my sister wants to do is sit on that stupid laptop. And my next door neighbour has decided to be stuck up and not speak to us this summer. Apparently working on the farm is more exciting.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

This is why you should try to get out on your own.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:39 AM

And do what exactly?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post
If they want a really accurate weather station they should get a fan aspirated radiation shield, like on my weather station. My summer avg max temperatures at my house are within 0.1°C of my nearest official metoffice station in all months.

Just checked right now on tutiempo and my station's avg max for June was exactly the same as the official one. Bingooo.
Yes mine is fan aspirated too, but my temperatures are always a little higher than my nearest Met Office station (Solent) as I'm in a city location so UHI effect comes to play, but there's little I can do about that. It was only 0.4C warmer here yesterday than Solent though...

Old 07-09-2013, 06:42 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Fed up.

Sick of sitting in this house all summer. Nothing to do round here and my parents don't want to do anything. I always ask them and eventually they go but I feel very guilty doing that. I should have had my liscence by now but my mum pushes everything back and i'm not starting to bloody end of July. Sigh

And all my sister wants to do is sit on that stupid laptop. And my next door neighbour has decided to be stuck up and not speak to us this summer. Apparently working on the farm is more exciting.
Do you not have any friends??

Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Quote:
Fed up.

How old are you? Go out and do stuff yourself, you don't need your bloody parents to do everything. When I was your age I did everything I do now, apart from driving.
Get a bicycle and go and enjoy the weather, sitting on here complaining will get you nowhere.

Kids are so bloody lazy these days, they can't and won't do anything for themselves. It really annoys me.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
And do what exactly?
I don't know your area or your interests. But you can't expect your family to provide you with entertainment all the time, and it might be a good break to get out of the house. Go out on your own a bit. I didn't have that many friends when I was high school which was really frustrating, but it got better near the end and spent some more interesting times with other people outside of the house. And I enjoyed bike rides on my own to parks and nearby towns.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I don't know your area or your interests. But you can't expect your family to provide you with entertainment all the time, and it might be a good break to get out of the house. Go out on your own a bit. I didn't have that many friends when I was high school which was really frustrating, but it got better near the end and spent some more interesting times with other people outside of the house. And I enjoyed bike rides on my own to parks and nearby towns.
LOL. This is Northern Ireland. I would never goto a park on my own.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
LOL. This is Northern Ireland. I would never goto a park on my own.
What's so scary? Chavs waiting to beat up defenseless scrawny teenagers? I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't go to a park on my own, even when I was 17, at least in the daytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather