Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,568,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I've been following this thread and noticed it's only the groom's mother taking the heat for inappropriate behavior and such........where the heck is the bride's mom in this scenario? I know not all bride's moms can be perfect just by virtue of being Mother of the Bride instead of the Groom. Can they??

Because in this scenario, only the MOG was acting inappropriatly not the MOB.

Apples and Oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:42 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,502,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
Doesn't sound like you were being unreasonable to me, I totally understand your desire regarding photos. As I've noted before, you have to work with the folks you're familiar with. I've gone to weddings totally orchestrated, reflecting the personalities of the wedding couple and for others, they were totally comfortable with an "anything goes" attitude. My husband and I attended a wedding once where we had to bring food, they couldn't afford much and had a potluck, can you believe it? I, personally, would never have done that. I would have simply had a very small, private wedding at home, but they wanted to celebrate with friends and family, and, frankly, we had a great time!
Thank you, I know I was a really easy going bride. The wedding with a potluck, never heard of that before, weddings are so different and if thats what the bride and groom wanted so be it, its their day. I agree with you, I would of done a private wedding or eloped even. As long as everyone had a good time thats all that matters.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM

419 posts, read 466,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I've been following this thread and noticed it's only the groom's mother taking the heat for inappropriate behavior and such........where the heck is the bride's mom in this scenario? I know not all bride's moms can be perfect just by virtue of being Mother of the Bride instead of the Groom. Can they??
I think this thread started out entitled "Mother of the Groom - Wedding faux pas" which is why everyone has focused on the MOG. I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of stories about bad behavior on the part of the bride's mom as well.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:55 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,426,836 times
The mother of the bride is involved in all the brides decisions. The mother of the groom just gets the invitation

Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
The mother of the bride is involved in all the brides decisions. The mother of the groom just gets the invitation
Yeah, pretty much - and even then, sometimes the bride will act like she's doing the groom's parents a HUGE favor by even having them attend. Sad to think her groom is almost an afterthought.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,568,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Well I can tell you that in my case, it was like pulling teeth to get the MOG to do anything. I asked for certain addresses at least 8 months in advance and 20+ years later, I'm still waiting for her response.

I tried and tried to involve her and finally just gave up. Don't be so quick to diss the bride side.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Well I can tell you that in my case, it was like pulling teeth to get the MOG to do anything. I asked for certain addresses at least 8 months in advance and 20+ years later, I'm still waiting for her response.

I tried and tried to involve her and finally just gave up. Don't be so quick to diss the bride side.
No, no, everyone knows it's always the bride and her mother causing problems and issues for the groom and his side of the family!!! Hahaha, as if. Just kidding, as we all know there can be problems on both sides, after all this thread started with someone complaining about an orange dress the MOG was going to wear. Thoughtlessness, rudeness, etc. is never confined and anyone can act that way at any time.

That's why I'm writing here, it's been interesting to read what other people have had to go through in their wedding experiences and sometimes you can pick up pointers or interesting solutions.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,541,327 times
My MIL tried not to invite my brothers to the rehearsal dinner!!!! May she rest in peace, sometimes she was such a creep.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,191,686 times
OMG and LOL---after all the mother of the groom bashing?? Give me a break.
Not all mothers with sons are biotches. Most MOG that I know are never included and in fact are excluded, and rudely so, from all preparations.
Keeping it real...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post

Old 03-27-2009, 05:31 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,541,327 times
Just telling the truth! And my MIL was involved in many of the details of our wedding....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings