Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're right. You couldn't. Cause we is all dumb and unemployed here in South Floriduhhh, and we all make $8/hour. We also all rude and nasty to eachother, and we is fake. Oh, and we hide in our homes without talking to our neighbors because we in fear of crime and violent minorities all day long, or because its too hot outside. We also can't speak or read English proper, which is OK cause all them signs at the grocery be in Spanish anyway.

You're perspective is well known, and noted, thank you.

Oh, it's not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorninPittsburgh View Post
Ha! Ha! dreamofmonterey! We just ate at Ruby Tuesday's tonight! Actually, it was pretty good, we had lobster tails, my husband had steak and I had crabcakes, and the veggies were delicious - cole slaw with blue cheese and grilled green beans! Who da thought? Ruby Tuesdays is getting better! Anyway, I am responding to Joanie55's original post. We moved to Georgia from Florida 3 yrs. ago and I miiiisssss Florida! I lived in Florida for 24 yrs. after meeting my husband. (Grew up in PA) Joanie, yes the roads around here are so windy and have different names every few miles! Oh, and, I have seen larger and more insects here than in Florida. I have seen the largest spiders and bees here - amazing! But I don't mind insects. The weather here, though -- the summers here are hotter than So. Florida - it was in the upper nineties from June to the beginning of Sept. I don't mind heat, either. Oct. and Nov. was beautiful, but December - down into the 30's, blah! I love the tropical weather in So. Florida! I love the humidity - my skin and hair were healthier in the humid climate. Here, in the winter, I am applying hand cream 20 times a day, otherwise, my hands are dry and red. I know this isn't polite or politically correct, or whatever, but the people here are generally not intellectual or highly educated and too religious (So. Baptist) ---- I KNOW! Too, judgmental. There are educated, intellectual people here, but, not the majority. In So. Florida, there is such a melting pot of so many kinds of people, you can easily find like-minded people. Oh - we left Florida about a year after Hurricane Wilma, after we finally got our roof and fence replaced. Joanie, I am hoping that you do get back to Florida at some point - maybe not exaclty the same area, but somewhere in Florida!
I so agree with you - you could easily be describing Kentucky, and who cares about political correctness? Not me! My hair has not been the same here since living with dryness of gas heat! I have to use special products and it still has no shine! Yes, these states are the ULTIMATE in judgmental and have alot missing in the intellectual department as well. Thanks for your well wishes on me getting back to south Florida - and thank everyone who has expressed the same sentiments! I really do appreciate it!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 AM

109 posts, read 554,744 times
Our family left Tampa Bay area for a great job my husband was getting around Greensboro. Three months later, they still are delaying the employment and telling him it's going to be next week - over and over. We are now living in a small conservative town in the hills. It is so beaufitul down here, we had a little snow last night and liked it. However, I don't feel welcome here, I mean, I meet more rude people here in three weeks than in three months in Florida. They are mostly very nice and polite, but some of them are outright rude. I see other women just staring at me (I am very slender and dress like a floridian, I guess I look different), asking what race I am (I am European, look like Italian). You know, in Florida this is absolutely impolite, but here I meet this attitude basically everywhere I go. My husband says they are really looking at him too and he is uncomfortable. He grew up in Alabama and lived in Tennessee for a while, and loved it there, but he doesn't think the people here are as friendly. It so upsets me. I am trying to belong here very hard, although so homesick. I just get up and smile every day and pretend life is peachy, but I am just not happy thinking I have to go out again today and probably will meet some rude people again, and can't pretend like this forever. I honestly can say I lived both in unfriendly 95% hispanic neighborhood and in a crime and drug infested little dump in Tampa Bay area, and still I think I want to live in Florida for the rest of my life. Right now we feel there is no place for us in North Carolina, and I really can't blame me for not trying. We both are very hard working, decent and clean people, but they won't give us a chance. I almost feel guilty every day for moving here as if it is my fault we ever dared to impose ourselves on the natives. Maybe moving to a bigger city will help with acceptance.
I love Florida climate and atmosphere, and even some of the people I knew there, but mostly they couldn't care less. Also, place we lived at was overflowing with con artists and ungrateful acquaintances. It seems no matter what we volunteered for, gave, we were not thanked and demanded of more and more. Still I wish we never left.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I lived in Deerfield Beach for a short while. I think Florida is a great place for a short vacation, but to live there? Absolutely wretched. Worst 9 months of my life, due in part to the weather. The sun and heat were awesome at first, then it all started to wear on me. I can't stand being drenched in sweat every time I leave for work in the morning. And the rude people and road rage! Holy moly is it unreal down there. I think this is why rain forests are so ridiculously dangerous compared to temperate areas, because there's something about humid heat that makes life forms of many kinds go absolutely nucking futs. Do you know why Florida's subtropical climate causes more instances of melanoma and premature aging? Because the forces of evolution didn't design pasty white Anglo-Saxons to cope with it.

Nature gave me a hint and I took it. Back up north I went.
My god .... Lafayette , Indiana .... shoot me .... I used to travel there frequently when I worked for a company called Great Lakes Chemical ....that place was boring as hell ... you could sit around and watch cars rust or the grass grow ... freezing in the winter as well ... keep me in Florida .

Old 02-12-2011, 12:03 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
You're right. You couldn't. Cause we is all dumb and unemployed here in South Floriduhhh, and we all make $8/hour. We also all rude and nasty to eachother, and we is fake. Oh, and we hide in our homes without talking to our neighbors because we in fear of crime and violent minorities all day long, or because its too hot outside. We also can't speak or read English proper, which is OK cause all them signs at the grocery be in Spanish anyway.

You're perspective is well known, and noted, thank you.
Comsense has made a career of bashing Florida ...... moves to his nirvana in NC ... yet still finds time to post on CDF and trash South Florida ... things must be pretty slow in Ashville .

Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM

239 posts, read 474,107 times
LOL and ROFL I am laughing so hard at Rock's reply here.......

Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM

9 posts, read 16,118 times
Default Best South FL Locations for family of 8

Quote:
If you end up coming back down, talk to us first and we can help you find the nicer places to live in South Florida that can help you avoid the more negative aspects of South Florida in favor of accentuated positives!
Please help us find a place to live in South Florida! Work wants us to move from Winston-Salem, NC Area to Boca Raton Area. COL is so much more I am freaking out and need help to sort things out. We have six kids ranging from 15 to 15 months. Employer only has offered a 20% raise to cover costs and it looks like we need a 40-60% to keep our standard of living comparable. We don't want to live in a snobby area, but we also want to be safe with good schools. Work is in Boca and it would be nice to not have a commute longer than 30 min.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommac61g5b View Post
Please help us find a place to live in South Florida! Work wants us to move from Winston-Salem, NC Area to Boca Raton Area. COL is so much more I am freaking out and need help to sort things out. We have six kids ranging from 15 to 15 months. Employer only has offered a 20% raise to cover costs and it looks like we need a 40-60% to keep our standard of living comparable. We don't want to live in a snobby area, but we also want to be safe with good schools. Work is in Boca and it would be nice to not have a commute longer than 30 min.

Is the job in west Boca or East Boca? Off Yamato or Glades or Palmetto Park?

What is your price range for a home?

West Boynton Beach and West Lake Worth (both unincorporated areas) are known for less expensive living than Boca.

West Lake Worth has a well regarded school system has well. Your husband could hop on the turnpike and head down to Boca and have a roughly 30 minute commute....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach