Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2006, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 14,060 times

Advertisements

Hi all. New to the forum here. I've been reading the forum but have some questions. Because of my job, I may have to relocate to South Florida in a couple of years. The corporate office is in Boca Raton, which is a very nice area, but very also very expensive. We can't find anything close to our home (2168 sq. ft., 3-4 BR, 2 bath) for under $325K, which is more than twice what we paid almost 5 years ago. I guess my question is, what are considered the "good" areas around Boca Raton and which areas aren't too outrageously expensive? I'm used to dealing with traffic and wouldn't mind an hour commute, but is Port St. Lucie or Jupiter too far if I'm working in Boca Raton?

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2006, 07:49 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,068,523 times
I would not fret what may or may not happen in a couple of years down the road.Boca Raton is an expensive place to live. I do not know where you live now,but your home has probably doubled in value the last 5 years or close to it since you purchased it.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:49 AM

423 posts, read 1,642,752 times
Default Consider Delray/Boynton Beach

I agree Boca is expen$ive and you won't be able to find a single family for 325K... You can get a nice townhouse but I wouldn't recomment it. I would suggest you look into Delray Beach or Boynoton Beach (2 towns north of Boca), while the prices have gone up everywhere I can still find you a decent 3/2 there for less than 350K. I personally live in Delray and love it... You will be able to commute to your work without getting on to I-95 mess.... which is blessing if you live in South Florida. I wouldn't recommend St. Lucie or Jupiter... they are just far out to commute on a daily basis on I-95 and Turnpike is 2 lanes north of Delray so that doesn't help either.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 14,060 times
We live in the South Suburbs of Chicago and paid $138,500 for our home almost 5 years ago. We live in a decent area, but our home hasn't doubled in value. It's worth approximately $175K - $190K. I initially started looking in that range but quickly discovered that anything in that price range was roughly the size of my garage. I'm just afraid that the cost of housing, property taxes, insurance, etc. may prevent us from relocating.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 40,626 times
I reside in Albany NY and work for the State of NY. I am tiring of the weather, cost of living, winters, and the aggressive fast pace.. Can anyone recommend if it is worth the relocation to Boca I am 54 college educated single female.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,928 times
boca isn't all that. it is still 400+ for a great house

Old 09-20-2009, 07:19 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scc1068 View Post
Hi all. New to the forum here. I've been reading the forum but have some questions. Because of my job, I may have to relocate to South Florida in a couple of years. The corporate office is in Boca Raton, which is a very nice area, but very also very expensive. We can't find anything close to our home (2168 sq. ft., 3-4 BR, 2 bath) for under $325K, which is more than twice what we paid almost 5 years ago. I guess my question is, what are considered the "good" areas around Boca Raton and which areas aren't too outrageously expensive? I'm used to dealing with traffic and wouldn't mind an hour commute, but is Port St. Lucie or Jupiter too far if I'm working in Boca Raton?

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
You can find nice houses all over for under $300K, I would check out the pbpost.com realty site for lot's of listings.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 AM

2 posts, read 7,351 times
We are also relocating to Boca in July. You CAN find a single family home for low $300's- I have been looking and have found quite a few that are within your specifications. I grew up in Boca and loved it. Look on realtor.com for options available. Also, my husband grew up in Jupiter and is also a great place to live. I have a few friends that live there and love it. One of the developments to look at is Albacoa, very nice family development with pool. Jupiter isn't that far from Boca if you don't mind 30 min commute, depending on where in Boca you will be traveling to. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Jupiter without traffic is about 40 min...with traffic will be an hour..my neighbor commutes to Jupiter 3x a week and when he traffic its a pain...its a possible commute if one wanted to drive that far everyday...that is going to be tough in that price range in Boca...You can probably find it in West Boca..

Good Luck

Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Jupiter without traffic is about 40 min...with traffic will be an hour..my neighbor commutes to Jupiter 3x a week and when he traffic its a pain...its a possible commute if one wanted to drive that far everyday...that is going to be tough in that price range in Boca...You can probably find it in West Boca..

Good Luck

The thread is really really old, but other options for those who want to be near Boca but can't afford to live in City limits is West Boynton and West Delray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach