Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM

20 posts, read 45,646 times

Advertisements

We are moving to South Florida. My husband has accepted a job in Davie, FL at one of the Universities. We are going to be renting for the first few years, to make sure that we are in the right area, and the job works out. Schools are very important to us, but we cannot afford the cost of private schools in South Florida. We considered Weston, FL, but the houses are too small for what you get, and it seems very crowded. I have heard Boca Raton has some great public schools, but there are quite a few to choose from. On the forum, I have read that Del Prado is a great school. I tried to find a rental zoned for that school, between $2000 - $3000, but no luck. Can anyone suggest other areas? We are still up north, as the position does not start until July 1st. I appreciate any help! Our children are 6 and 8, and will be entering 1st and 3rd grade. Also, what is the different between West, Central, and East Boca?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
I would then try Calusa District it feeds into the same Omni Middle that Del Prado does and the same HS Spainsh River...You will definately find something in your price range...look at 33496 my daughter is Graduating from Calusa but these would be the 2 elem schools...East Boca again is Boca Elem, Boca Middle and Boca Communty High School...There is also Addison Mizner Elem also very good school as they feed into Boca Middle but I would check with the Palm Beach County School District for Boundaries

We moved out of West Boca Because we werent happy with the schools for our children, Not saying they arent good just not a fit for mine...

West Boca
Elem: Sunrise Park, Waters Edge (my daughter attended there wasnt happy with it) Sandpiper Elem
Middle School: Loggers Run Middle and Eagles Landing Middle
(Our Son attended West Boca High School and was not happy
and then Olympic Heights HS
Good Luck

Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM

20 posts, read 45,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I would then try Calusa District it feeds into the same Omni Middle that Del Prado does and the same HS Spainsh River...You will definately find something in your price range...look at 33496 my daughter is Graduating from Calusa but these would be the 2 elem schools...East Boca again is Boca Elem, Boca Middle and Boca Communty High School...There is also Addison Mizner Elem also very good school as they feed into Boca Middle but I would check with the Palm Beach County School District for Boundaries

We moved out of West Boca Because we werent happy with the schools for our children, Not saying they arent good just not a fit for mine...

West Boca
Elem: Sunrise Park, Waters Edge (my daughter attended there wasnt happy with it) Sandpiper Elem
Middle School: Loggers Run Middle and Eagles Landing Middle
(Our Son attended West Boca High School and was not happy
and then Olympic Heights HS
Good Luck
I am glad I asked, and you replied. I think I read one of your other posts about Calusa. I did research Waters Edge elementary, and was turned off by the postings on GreatSchools.com . I am planning to narrow everything down over the next 2 weeks, and then look for houses towards the beginning of June. I did find a house in East Boca, but havent had a chance to research it. Fun! I am sure I will have more questions.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
No Problem Talia if I can answer any questions please ask..Just go to greatschools and look at the Boca Elem and Boca Middle the reviews will help too besides going to the school and looking..We finish school June 2nd so I would call the schools you are interested in to see when they can give u a tour..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach