Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,100 times

Advertisements

We are mid 40s with young kids and looking into Boca move.

CAn any one post positive/ negatives (aside from EASt being close to amazing beach) of East vs West? thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
well it depends what your looking for...we lived in West Boca for 6 months before moving to Central Boca and we love it here...We are extremely happy with the schools and love the location ....with small children I dont know if I would live "near the beach" but that is a personal decision...West Boca is very nice but very west...there is alot of shopping and restaurants in west boca as well...and convenient to the highways..

R u looking for anything specific?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM

I should have also added Central vs East vs West. THNX

Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Not a problem..one of my very good friends lives in east boca...her neighbors aren't happy at Boca High said they prefered Spanish River over all for HS 's in boca...they have lived there for 15 years plus..and my friend's son will be attending Private School for HS because he doesn't want to go to the HS they are zoned for...Central Boca and East Boca I cant give u those comparisons other than what people who live in east boca tell me..It really becomes a personal preference especially when it comes to location and schools.. when we decided that we only wanted to be in the Spanish River HS district after living in West Boca for 6 months my g/f took us here because she has knows people living here and are happy and its temporary for us as we are in no rush, we decided the location was great and we would be fine...sure enough my son absoultely loves Spanish River and my Daughter loves her school too

Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 PM

25 posts, read 106,398 times
It also depends on what type of housing you're looking for. East Boca has very few gated communities vs West Boca which has many. Some people prefer gated communities; others prefer no HOA. It's a personal decision. The gated communities have newer homes, for the most part.

Central Boca, the Spanish River School District that the last post spoke of, has both. It also depends on your price point. I am familiar with all the communities in Boca and Delray as well, as some communities in Delray are zoned for Boca schools, in particular Spanish River HS. I am a Realtor and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 PM

152 posts, read 335,331 times
East Boca is cooler and has less bugs, closer to the beach and if you want a nice home is much more expensive then West Boca. East Boca would most likely require private schools which would be in west boca for the most part, unless you get lucky with the lottery and live east and have them attend choice schools through the Palm Beach county schools(lottery) in West Boca. The homes in East are older unless you find a rebuild. You would find more house for the money especially now West

Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 AM

I would wait on looking at delray...IF boca high becomes a charter school, then from what I hear Spanish River will look to do it as well...and 3 of our middle schools too..since Delray kids attend these schools..IF they become a charter they would have to have a lottery for those who do not live in Boca like the Delray people they will take the neighborhood kids 1st...Now I know delray fought hard to send their kids to Boca Schools but why take the chance of them not being able to attend in the near future ..But again they still have to VOTE on it and who knows what will come out of it, and IF it passes it wont happen for another 3 years and again it has to be voted on so who knows...

Old 03-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Which Delray area is zoned for boca elem and middle and which ELEM and which middle? HS a long way off for me.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 AM

they would only be zoned for Calusa Elem and Omni Middle..unless you apply for a Gifted program for Elem school then they would go to Del Prado...I would call PBC district to verify or better yet i will find u a link to see which communities are zoned for Boca Schools...you can also do choice program to Don Estridge...I know the sub divisions off of Jog past clinmoore to Linton blvd are zoned for our schools Calusa elem, Omni Middle and Spanish River HS

Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
If you end up getting into gifted and you're zoned for Calusa, you wouldn't go to Del Prado but to Banyan Creek in the north end of Delray. I have no idea why it's like that but it just is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach