Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:53 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
If you end up getting into gifted and you're zoned for Calusa, you wouldn't go to Del Prado but to Banyan Creek in the north end of Delray. I have no idea why it's like that but it just is.
Dee I was stating that if she moved to central boca and was zoned for omni middle and Spanish River HS and if she had a gifted child they would go to Del Prado..one of my friends live off powerline is zoned for these schools above but is in gifted at Del Prado than opposed to Waters Edge in West Boca

Possible because those kids might be slated for Calusa in regular classes so its reciprocal for the gifted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM

17 posts, read 72,490 times
I live in east Boca and MUCH prefer it to west Boca. West Boca tends to be gated communities and shopping center central (think Home Depot after Target after Lowe's, etc.).
I have two young kids and love the parks, the beach, the libraries, and meet a lot of young families in east Boca just out and about who tend to be friendly.
If you're going to look east, try the Addison Mizner Elementary school area. I don't know your price range (and I'm NOT a realtor), but I love the Palm Beach Farms neighborhood. It has a playground right in the middle of it. There are a lot of other nice, older neighborhoods in this area with a lot on the market right now.
If you want to live right near the beach and can afford private school, Riviera neighborhood (33432) is a great family neighborhood.A little more central Boca, Verde Trail Elementary and Del Prado are good.
You'll get newer, bigger homes in west Boca, but you'll never go to the beach. My cousin lives off of 441 and seriously rents a condo at the beach for a week a year.
Good luck to you!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Dee I was stating that if she moved to central boca and was zoned for omni middle and Spanish River HS and if she had a gifted child they would go to Del Prado..one of my friends live off powerline is zoned for these schools above but is in gifted at Del Prado than opposed to Waters Edge in West Boca

Possible because those kids might be slated for Calusa in regular classes so its reciprocal for the gifted?
I know that part of Verde's boundary still snakes up Powerline/Jog, but I'm not sure where it ends. One of the girls that was in my Girl Scout troop lived off Jog but closer to Glades and she's in Verde, but my pediatrician's kids and the kids of a family friend both live farther north and are zoned for Calusa. So kids in both of those families attend/attended Banyan.

I think Waters Edge only has gifted kids that would normally attend Waters Edge and MAYBE a few other neighborhoods. All these schools that I thought that would have sent their gifted kids to Waters Edge have them at Del Prado instead. No wonder Del Prado is so packed to the gills. Supposedly Whispering Pines is starting up a gifted program and will be taking the gifted kids from Whispering Pines, Sandpiper Shores and Sunrise Park. I don't think that is going to start until the 2011-2012 school year. We would have been affected by that move, but at least my daughter will be done with elementary school by that point! I know a number of people that will be VERY unhappy about that.

I hope my post made sense--I'm uncaffeinated and it's quite early in the morning.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsmama View Post
You'll get newer, bigger homes in west Boca, but you'll never go to the beach. My cousin lives off of 441 and seriously rents a condo at the beach for a week a year.
Good luck to you!
Seriously???

I'll admit that I don't go to the beach either, but it's because I couldn't care less about the beach. It's not my thing. Case in point--I went to the pool in our neighborhood just this past Friday and used SPF 55. I was only out there for about an hour and my daughter's grandfather commented "Wow! Where were you that you got that burn?" I'm not burned but I definitely have color. I burn in the shade, so I just prefer to stay out of the sun.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
I know that part of Verde's boundary still snakes up Powerline/Jog, but I'm not sure where it ends. One of the girls that was in my Girl Scout troop lived off Jog but closer to Glades and she's in Verde, but my pediatrician's kids and the kids of a family friend both live farther north and are zoned for Calusa. So kids in both of those families attend/attended Banyan.

I think Waters Edge only has gifted kids that would normally attend Waters Edge and MAYBE a few other neighborhoods. All these schools that I thought that would have sent their gifted kids to Waters Edge have them at Del Prado instead. No wonder Del Prado is so packed to the gills. Supposedly Whispering Pines is starting up a gifted program and will be taking the gifted kids from Whispering Pines, Sandpiper Shores and Sunrise Park. I don't think that is going to start until the 2011-2012 school year. We would have been affected by that move, but at least my daughter will be done with elementary school by that point! I know a number of people that will be VERY unhappy about that.

I hope my post made sense--I'm uncaffeinated and it's quite early in the morning.
Dee that is very interesting..Waters Edge gifted they pull from Sandpiper shores, Sunrise and those who live up until Lyons and Glades..

well we love the area we are in..because we know the school boundaries wont change..I still cant figure out the whole Boca/Delray thing...I will also say this should be interesting that Boca HS wants to go Charter, and with this whole Merritt pay thing, if it is signed I would wonder if they had a better chance of becoming a charter school because i know spanish river will follow eventually...

We lived in west boca and as nice as it is we prefer this location alot better..funny how when I lived in West boca off of 441 Glades I never came down this way..lol

Old 04-12-2010, 12:17 PM

522 posts, read 1,609,927 times
Just my 2 cents on Boca. It is my understanding that all the schools are rated well in Boca, east, west, or central Boca. I've lived in Central and East Boca in the past and preferred east by far. But I don't have kids so that was not a consideration. I just liked the people more and found there was a lot more to do there. Central Boca, while it does have alot of families in your age group also has the greatest number of OLD people living there and for me, that can be annoying. The driving, the parking lots, listening to them complain in the grocery stores - that got old for me. West Boca is the most affordable housing area in Boca with the greatest numbers of young families living there. I never liked west Boca though. It seemed too crowded for my tastes and there are some trashy elements in there as well that you don't find in central Boca. As far as the beach goes, I always went to Deerfield Beach anyway, so it didn't matter if I was close to Boca's beach. To me, Deerfield Beach is way prettier than Boca's. Delray Beach is nice also and very close if you live in east Boca.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:21 PM

I agree with Deerfield Beach its very pretty...my aunt and uncle live on Hillsboro mile so they are on the private beach which is where we go when the kids feel like actually going..lol

As far as West Boca I agree as well...Now Central Boca I have to tend to disagree with....all our shopping is no older than east boca or west boca as our friends live there and when we were looking to move out of west boca she happens to love east boca however she agreed the shopping over here is great..Im 15 min to mizner and I have coscto 3 miles from my house, all the supermarkets imaginable and I dont find them any older than the one on Glades Rd in West Boca...and we are near the mall and well old and young shop there...As far as schools, we prefer the schools here than opposed to where we were living...but again that becomes a personal preference...as yes Boca has A rated Schools all around the board so to speak...

Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM

25 posts, read 106,334 times
The subdivisions off Jog and Clint Moore that Swimmom is referring to are Mizner's Preserve, Grande Orchid, Bristol Pointe, Addison Reserve and Casa Bella & Drexel Park. There are also some on Military that are zoned for these schools. I sell these all the time. A big selling point is that they are zoned for Boca schools.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 PM

sub divisions on clintmoore that are zoned for these schools also are baynans at broken sount, colony point, seasons, Newport Bay Club this is in Boca and the polo club back entrance...the other developments doglover mentioned are delray beach but zoned for the Spanish River District..they attend Calusa Elem, Omni Middle and Spanish River HS...then there is developments on Military Trail like the Preserve, Boca Bath and Tennis also zoned for these schools...

Old 07-19-2011, 07:47 PM

9 posts, read 14,368 times
why would people be so unhappy about having a gifted center at Whispering Pines? I am unfamilair with the area so I don't know much but new to the area. Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach