Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 AM

123 posts, read 488,220 times

Advertisements

Hi.I'm new but live in MI and may move to Boca. My grandpa lives there and is ill and could use help though he is still active actually very he drives a new corvette so on but is having trouble. I would not live with him and would find an apt but would work for him. I live in mi. I have wanted to move a littl enervous because of past and missing my famile here though we could visit. Can you tell me how you like it there? I'm a low key home body though in my late 20's. Also of nice but affordable apts in the area. I'm so confused any thoughts? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,791,336 times
Talking Hi Gina!

I would say Boca is good for a low key home body as it's an older wealthier crowd. I lived there for a year & wouldn't mind living there again in the least! Ironically I moved from there to Miami Beach because I didn't want to drive. Well now I'm in Miami & I drive. I like all 3 places but would pick The Beach in a heartbeat if we could afford a house because of not needing a car. (I'm not real keen on driving unless I'm alone on 95! - I don't like going slow & I don't like lights or cross streets! Or anyone in front of me, or anyone in back of me... )

Old 10-13-2006, 03:11 AM

Thank you. I know all the older people from mi go there in the winter. I never thought in a million years I would but this may be a good way to help my grandpa but earn extra money for school so on. Also I hate the weather here.The driving isn't an issue and my grandpa did say a lot of younger people are moving to the area. Will see. I just am used to a routine and change is not my strong point. The thought of moving anywhere basically by myself is scary.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:19 PM

I don't like change either! (Until it becomes the norm & then I like it! )
There's no need to worry about moving by yourself to Boca! You have your grandpa (that's very sweet by the way ) & Boca is very safe!!!
What part of MI are you in? Must not be Detroit or you wouldn't be nervous to move! Unless you're nervous from living there!
Hey I can rag on Detroit! I've never been there but I must have been from there in another life/dimention cause I'm the biggest PISTONS fan and I'm rooting for The Tigers even though they're gonna play my Mets!!! I mean Mets/Tigers I'm just torn!!! I want them BOTH to win!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 03:55 AM

Thanks I have moved in the past but still it makes me nervous. I mean it doesn't have to be forever. I'm not happy here but its more from within not location. Your funny no I live in a nice area in west bloomfield its like a cold version of boca.It is still up in the air. So confused the worst is the transition you are right. Thanks that was cute post it lifted my spirits.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:03 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,660,641 times
Boca or West Boca? ( There's a difference)

??

Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 PM

Talking Gina,

I'm glad I could cheer ya! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach