Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 14,018 times

Advertisements

there are many nice houses in 33498 and 33428. is 33498 a good place to buy a house? how is the elementary school in there?

I wanted to buy a house within the boundaries of Del Prado. But couldn't find a nice house in that area (33433). Seems that new and nice houses are all in 33498 or 33428. is this true?

your advice/info is highly appreciated.

budget: $400k-500k; two kids: 7 and 3 years old; work at east boca (yamato and glades).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 11:56 PM

713 posts, read 2,673,074 times
Default West Boca

Yes, that's about true but I live nearby and love it. Not in a new house but there should be some or close to new, nearby and in the zips you've noted. Your budget should get you a great place. Also, you need to figure in homeowners' association fees, taxes, cost of living which you probably have. Some HOA fees are alot less than others. Like Boca Grove is truly expensive. I don't know much about the school system. Sorry.

Last edited by House4Sale; 06-29-2008 at 12:50 AM..

Old 06-29-2008, 11:35 AM

Thank you very much.

the HOA fee is the "club" membership fee?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Ours is but I don't know about places like Boca Grove, Boca West (off Glades) or Boca Pointe and others.

Boca's a great place and other than that trailerpark on 441 (way west) or some in Sandalfoot (across it on 441), I'd say you'll have a great shot at finding a nice home and neighborhood.

If you need a GOOD realtor, private e-mail/message me and I'll give you a name or two. I am not a realtor but I know of two who helped sell and then get us into the house we wanted and are in. The latter was not shy about going for price or house we wanted.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 PM

439 posts, read 1,750,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbocalooking View Post
there are many nice houses in 33498 and 33428. is 33498 a good place to buy a house? how is the elementary school in there?

I wanted to buy a house within the boundaries of Del Prado. But couldn't find a nice house in that area (33433). Seems that new and nice houses are all in 33498 or 33428. is this true?

your advice/info is highly appreciated.

budget: $400k-500k; two kids: 7 and 3 years old; work at east boca (yamato and glades).
One of the elementary schools that covers the 33498 ZIP is Sunrise Park Elementary. I know several people who have (or had) their kids there and they really like it.

Regarding Del Prado, there are a lot of nice houses in the immediate area. The area is called Boca Del Mar and you're in Del Prado's district as long as you stay west of Powerline Road and south of Glades. My daughter attends Del Prado as part of the gifted program and we've been pretty pleased so far. The only thing that annoys me to no end is how they say that they have a unified dress code (requiring uniforms) but there are a bunch of kids that NEVER wear them. Yes, I know that they have more important things to do than to be the fashion police; however, it's annoying for those of us that spend the money on the uniform clothing and follow the rules only to see people not have the same respect.

As for the 33428 ZIP, that's touch and go. There are a lot of older homes in that area. They're nice, but it sounds like it's not going to work for you. They generally don't have HOA fees either (to me, a benefit of older homes).

Old 06-30-2008, 02:03 PM

thanks a lot, Desdemona25. This really helps.

I am looking at Sunrise Park now. Two things i am a little worried about: 1) too close to the swamp? too far from the "city"? 2) this school'rating is 9 out of 10 (del prado is 10 out of 10) and the gifted percentage is only 2% (del prado is 58%).

I did some searching, but couldn't find nice houses in the boundaries of del prado. Maybe they are not listed?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 AM

439 posts, read 1,750,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbocalooking View Post
thanks a lot, Desdemona25. This really helps.

I am looking at Sunrise Park now. Two things i am a little worried about: 1) too close to the swamp? too far from the "city"? 2) this school'rating is 9 out of 10 (del prado is 10 out of 10) and the gifted percentage is only 2% (del prado is 58%).

I did some searching, but couldn't find nice houses in the boundaries of del prado. Maybe they are not listed?
Yeah, I'd say that Sunrise and the neighboring middle school of Eagles Landing are on the edge of civilization. However, you have a shopping center at the corner of Clint Moore and 441. There's a Publix (the major grocery store for our area) plus a number of specialty shops and good restaurants. You might want to check out Boca Chase. I really like the area but it's too pricey for me, plus it takes me out of the extended Del Prado zone (441 is the western boundary in most places). You're also just a few miles from the infamous Glades/441 intersection. It's almost a case of you name it, you can probably find it there. There's also a new shopping center being built at Yamato and 441 that will have a few things as well. So, you won't be THAT far away--meaning you have to drive 45 minutes to buy a gallon of milk.

Now, I know you're wondering about the gifted percentages. The way it works in the area is that there are certain schools that will host the program. In West Boca there are 2: Del Prado and Waters Edge. Addison Mizner is within the city limits of Boca and handles the schools that fall within the city limits. Sunrise Park probably has a smaller program (hence the 2%), but the majority of those that are gifted would attend Waters Edge. I know that some of the schools that feed into Del Prado also have a smaller program (Verde Elementary in this case--another good one you should look in to). In my case, my home boundary school is Whispering Pines. Whispering Pines gifted students are sent to Del Prado. And boy am I happy about that! I wasn't too thrilled in my limited dealings with WP. From my daughter's private school 1st grade class from last school year, 2 other students would have been attending WP. One listed her daughter as living at her mom's (so that she wouldn't have to attend WP) and the other went to WP. The one who went was totally bored and finishing her work in minutes. The teacher was giving her the 3rd grade math book because she was at a loss of what else to do. And she was even zipping through the 3rd grade math book as a 2nd grader. I heard through the grapevine that more things happened there, but haven't had a chance to catch up with the mom. Sometimes the feeder schools put up a fuss about testing for gifted because they don't want to lose the smart kids for the purposes of testing.

It's possible the houses aren't listing for Del Prado's area. Boca Del Mar is the name of the subdivision that covers quite a bit of that area. There are a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment. If you have the address of a house you're interested in, you can check out the Palm Beach County school website at The School District of Palm Beach County and that can show you the assigned schools.

I hope that my rambling helped you some. Feel free to ask away if you have any more questions.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Thank you so much, Desdemona25.

If my kids also go to Del Prado, I will vote for you to be the president of PTA, or whatever "president" you want to be.

I love the NEW houses in the boundaries of Sunrise Park but want my kids to go to Del Prado. Can't get both. (

Hopefully i can find a nice house within the boundaries of del prado.

Best regards,

Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 PM

Default westbocalooking...

Andrea's pretty good, wouldn't you say? I thought so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach