Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 AM

98 posts, read 425,054 times

Advertisements

I tried City Pizza finally and wasn't very impressed. They advertise delivery - but living 2.1 miles from their location is too far. So we picked up 2 medium pizzas and two pieces of cake all for the bargain price of $51. The pizza was just "ok". I won't be going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSmith View Post
I tried City Pizza finally and wasn't very impressed. They advertise delivery - but living 2.1 miles from their location is too far. So we picked up 2 medium pizzas and two pieces of cake all for the bargain price of $51. The pizza was just "ok". I won't be going back.
City Pizza is still my favorite, lol.

Have you tried "Hot Pie Pizza" downtown on Olive near Clematis? I want to try it soon.

Give Ambrosia a try on S. Dixie just south of Okeechobee Blvd. Very eclectic place popular with locals.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM

98 posts, read 478,746 times
OK...I've had a craving for Chicago Style deep-dish pizza lately...think Pizzeria Uno or Giordano's or Gino's East.

Anyone know of ANYWHERE in South Florida to feed this craving?

Thanks!

Paul

Old 08-16-2009, 04:00 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,598,417 times
My favs:

Pizza Girls on Clematis
Palm Springs Pizza (Greek Style Pizza)
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

Uno Chicago Grill was going to be built on 441 in Wellington, the sign is still there and it looks like the foundation was poured but it's been sitting idle for a while. There's one in Naples as are there several Chicago style pizza joints.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:49 PM

439 posts, read 1,749,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
My favs:
Uno Chicago Grill was going to be built on 441 in Wellington, the sign is still there and it looks like the foundation was poured but it's been sitting idle for a while. There's one in Naples as are there several Chicago style pizza joints.
Ok, so I'm not losing my mind after all! I thought I'd seen a sign talking about Uno's one day but couldn't remember exactly where that was. All I could remember was that it had something to do with 441. I really wish that would open so that I wouldn't have to wait until I'm in Orlando to get my fix. This thin crust crunchy junk just doesn't do it for me.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
Ok, so I'm not losing my mind after all! I thought I'd seen a sign talking about Uno's one day but couldn't remember exactly where that was. All I could remember was that it had something to do with 441. I really wish that would open so that I wouldn't have to wait until I'm in Orlando to get my fix. This thin crust crunchy junk just doesn't do it for me.
The location is right near Rooms To Go on 441 North of the Forest Hill, sign was still there when I drove by Saturday. Closest one is in Naples but there is other Mom & Pop Chicago style places around Naples as well.

Around here I only know of one that advertises Chicago style, it's in Stuart near the court house but I never went there yet. I think they only have thin crust Chicago style and not deep dish?

Pusateri's thin Chicago Pizza - Stuart, Florida - Italian Beefs, Gonnella Bread, Giardiniera, Vienna Chicago Hot Dogs, Jays Chips

Old 08-17-2009, 09:03 PM

439 posts, read 1,749,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
The location is right near Rooms To Go on 441 North of the Forest Hill, sign was still there when I drove by Saturday. Closest one is in Naples but there is other Mom & Pop Chicago style places around Naples as well.

Around here I only know of one that advertises Chicago style, it's in Stuart near the court house but I never went there yet. I think they only have thin crust Chicago style and not deep dish?

Pusateri's thin Chicago Pizza - Stuart, Florida - Italian Beefs, Gonnella Bread, Giardiniera, Vienna Chicago Hot Dogs, Jays Chips
IMO, Deep dish is the only way to go. The only one that is thin crust that I'd consider is Bru's Room. I was actually quite surprised.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 PM

976 posts, read 1,113,336 times
The best pizza I've had is Marco's in Asheville NC. Good fellas also has really good pizza. But I'm a FL native, not from NYC, so what do I know about pizza, or anything for that matter?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:18 PM

98 posts, read 478,746 times
Looks like a road trip to Naples is in my not too distant future. Thanks!

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
IMO, Deep dish is the only way to go. The only one that is thin crust that I'd consider is Bru's Room. I was actually quite surprised.
I have been to Bru's in Delray and Boynton several times, but never tried the pizza. I know there are several places in Delray, Mellow Mushroom and a few other coal oven places I never tried any of them. Also Pizza Fusion in Wellington and PBG, organic pizza never tried it.

Deep dish is good but hard to find around here as this NY/NJ country and the left coast is typically Chicago/Mid-west people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach