Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,937 times

Advertisements

Are there any headhunters or agents to assist in job hunting in the sales and/or sales managemnt field? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 AM

161 posts, read 390,342 times
I just got a great sales job through Cutting Edge, Staffing Agency, Employmet Agency Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, Cutting Edge Recruiting Solutions Tell them that Audrey referred you.

There are also lots of sales job posted on Craigslist.org. south florida sales jobs classifieds - craigslist

Good Luck!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 8,937 times
Thanks so much Chilove... I am trying to relocate my family to the south florida area... will they work with me if I am out of state?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:45 AM

161 posts, read 390,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofpalmtrees View Post
Thanks so much Chilove... I am trying to relocate my family to the south florida area... will they work with me if I am out of state?
i'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask. they are really nice there

Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 AM

8 posts, read 23,435 times
There are plenty of agencies, just not enough jobs to go around for all the applicants. PLEASE have a secured position before you move here, and enough money to support your family (including emergencies) for at least 6 months.

The employment counselors are paid according to placement and salaries, so you can bet they all work really hard for you.

Best wishes and good luck, I hope you find something down here!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM

98 posts, read 424,865 times
dreaming: May I also amplify NancyC29's advice, secure the job first and have some cash saved. The cost of living was a surprise to my family when we relocated here a year ago. It's wonderful to live here (sometimes like living in a vacation fantasy-world!), but it was, on average, 35-40% more expensive for everything from where we came from in Houston. This is from milk to gas to clothes and homes.

I don't know where you're relocating from, but might want to keep that in mind. I wish you luck!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Getting a job outside the county little alone the state was hard years ago and has not changed too much, it depends on what field but typically Florida is not relocation friendly and you will often tend to see "Local candidates only" listed in job ads.

I would not recommend anyone move to South Florida unless they had plenty of money and/or a solid job that paid extremely well lined up to support the high cost of living.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:43 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesireMeetsOpportunity View Post
In response to your post requesting options for employment. If you've since found work, great! But as you may know, it's an employer's market so even if you're lucky to find work, the compensation is dismal.

I relocated to West Palm with my employer 2 years ago. Luckily for me, things are still looking promising. But my brother moved down here last summer and hasn't been so successful. Out of frustration, he started looking at other options and ended up starting a Work From Home Business. He's did so well, that I invested in my own start up business. I work for my employer 40-60hrs a week and 20hrs for myself. My brother is working his business full time. It's up to you how much time you want to put into it.

I'd strongly consider looking into this as a strong option. My brother's frustrations spear-headed a great thing for us. It could be the answer you're looking for also.

If you'd like to get more information, contact me at info@DesireMeetsOpportunity.com.

Or you can see the business presentation youself by visiting my website at:
www.fhtmus.com/DesireMeetsOpportunity
Click on the "Watch A FHTM Overview" in the top right hand corner.

Best of Luck!
4 posts all spam.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 PM

421 posts, read 1,337,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Getting a job outside the county little alone the state was hard years ago and has not changed too much, it depends on what field but typically Florida is not relocation friendly and you will often tend to see "Local candidates only" listed in job ads.

I would not recommend anyone move to South Florida unless they had plenty of money and/or a solid job that paid extremely well lined up to support the high cost of living.
So for someone possibly moving to the area for graduate school, how much savings is enough? I am a single mother of two girls and will be going to graduate school. At the moment I am just trying to pick the best school and area. Thank you for a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach