Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I call BS on that. Charleston has a diversified economy and it's not underfunded. In fact it has the best infrastructure in the state by far. It sure is hated by the folks in NCWV though, who seem to be unhappy about it.
Charleston isn't hated by people in NCWV, it's hated by one, very vocal troll who doesn't even live in the state anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
However, I wasnt talking about how Charleston is overfunded, but how NCWV is underfunded.
I think everyone picked up on that.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
The issue is 'not having pride.

To do that, a person needs a measure of accomplishment.

Am I getting through?

We are robbed of that in every venue.

It's a social/media brainwashing thing brought to us by losers.

Stop it and get away from them...they will only drag you down to their level.

Get away from the 24/7 talking heads on TV....read good books and interact with successful people on their way up...

It's as easy as that...become free and be yourself.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
Charleston isn't hated by people in NCWV, it's hated by one, very vocal troll who doesn't even live in the state anymore.
Actually you have it backwards.

NCWV is hated by a group of trolls in this forum, while the people of NCWV have nothing but love for all of WV, including the parts that hate us.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,615,224 times
I don't know where you are getting the notion that a ton of people in other parts of the state truly hate NCWV. Growing up in Charleston, we honestly never even put much thought into Morgantown. It was a college town 2.5 hours up the road that you visited for WVU football games and maybe wanted to spend a few years in to get an education. That's it. It isn't like we sat around thinking about ways to bash the place.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:16 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
I don't know where you are getting the notion that a ton of people in other parts of the state truly hate NCWV. Growing up in Charleston, we honestly never even put much thought into Morgantown. It was a college town 2.5 hours up the road that you visited for WVU football games and maybe wanted to spend a few years in to get an education. That's it. It isn't like we sat around thinking about ways to bash the place.
I wish more people from Charleston were like you.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM

396 posts, read 923,746 times
Personally, I feel happier in WV than I felt living on East Coast.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I wish more people from Charleston were like you.
I just started a hate group centered around bashing NCWV. We meet every Thursday night and wear our colors to show unity. We are so bored and depressed here in Charleston that we only worry about what is happening in the booming metropolis of NCWV.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
This love/hate relationship has some credible grounds.

When the capitol was changed from the floating riverboat whorehouse of the 1880's, Charleston was picked for the seat of government because it was far away...
Far away from Wheeling and Morgantown.

If the state college had been placed in Charleston, demographics would have been very different.

Our astute legislature of that day wanted to be as far from 'the people as possible.
They could do their work of carving up the pie with impunity.

One 'great one said after I-79 was built in the '70s..."Now they can get to us anytime they want."
And they/we do...

Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I just started a hate group centered around bashing NCWV. We meet every Thursday night and wear our colors to show unity. We are so bored and depressed here in Charleston that we only worry about what is happening in the booming metropolis of NCWV.
Will there be refreshments?!

I'm not coming unless cake will be served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia