Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM

22 posts, read 60,993 times

Advertisements

Albert & Arnold's just sells wine (it's a very nice wine store).

There is a large liquor store on Rt 11 in Inwood (take 51 to Inwood, right at light where it intersects with Rt ll and then just past the 2nd light on the left. The same people own one on Rt 11 in Martinsburg too.

There is also a small liquor store in Harpers Ferry, IIRC in the same building as the police HQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Wow thanks for all the great tips. I just checked and Inwood is 11 miles from Charles Town. Doesn't make sense to use $3 in gas to save $3 on bourbon. It's not that important to take a trip to stock up, just one of the things I am pricing.

As for the heatpump we have always kept our home at 65, but we have an oil burner and new windows so that's a very comfortable temp. So if we keep it set at 67 or whatever all the time will that prevent the auxiliary turbo boosters from kicking in even when the temp drops under 20 overnight? Am I better off simply running one of those oil filled space heaters to keep the home temp up high enough to avoid triggering the aux heat?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:21 PM

22 posts, read 60,993 times
We have a heat pump with a propane furnace for when it's below 32F. It's extremely energy efficient, and heating with propane is much cheaper than heating with electricity.

In addition, there has been talk for a while now about natural gas lines being run to Tuscawilla Hills/Locust Hill, so if that come to fruition, a dual-fuel setup will be even more economical.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Sweet. Keep in mind I'm talking 10 years out so maybe by that time they'll have natural gas. And a liquor store. And a Thai restaurant. OK maybe not a Thai restaurant but I can always hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia