Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 09:06 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
See more than our fair share of companies based mostly in Virginia acquiring bids for construction work in the Eastern Panhandle area of WV.
The EP is doing just fine though. Especially that Proctor and Gamble has indicated their desire to expand there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 09:47 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,883,540 times
See more than our fair share of companies based mostly in Virginia acquiring bids for construction work in the Eastern Panhandle area of WV.

Could it be that there are insufficient WV construction companies to cover the workload?

Old 05-28-2017, 10:57 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
90% will answer "The Brown's suck".
No. Most people don't immediately think of the Browns when meeting someone from Ohi-uh. Face it, half of your state has more in common culturally with WV and KY.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:30 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden Grace View Post
Go anywhere in the country and ask some local what they think of when they think of Ohio, the answer will burst your bubble.
No it wouldn't. Nobody thinks Ohio is redneck country.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
No. Most people don't immediately think of the Browns when meeting someone from Ohi-uh. Face it, half of your state has more in common culturally with WV and KY.
I don't live in Ohio.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
No it wouldn't. Nobody thinks Ohio is redneck country.
There's nothing wrong with being a redneck, but in terms of Ohio it depends on what part of Ohio you are talking about.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post

Could it be that there are insufficient WV construction companies to cover the workload?
More than likely, our companies forgot to grease the right palms.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post

WV is all about cronyism and the good ole boys network screwing people over. So someone in WV is probably making a shady, under the table deal somewhere with Virginia based companies.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:08 PM

6,080 posts, read 9,110,796 times
This is good news!

Report: W.Va. had 2nd highest GDP growth in U.S. in first quarter of 2017

Old 08-04-2017, 02:24 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I can't imagine that would go on indefinitely. They will get in on the action, or it will stop. The era of an administration selectively deciding which laws it will enforce is coming to an end.
I'm not sure you really understand what's going on here : No matter how much money the Feds throw at it, that genie is simply not going back into the bottle.

By 2020, there will be at least another 7 to 10 states that will have legalized adult use of cannabis. The Feds simply don't have the political wherewithall to selectively enforce/control how and when states rights can be applied.

I'll tell you something else : You're going to be shocked when it does become legal - because there will be so many folks who both use and support it that you will never ever have expected would.

I lived in Oregon for 20 years....and when it became legal for adult use, I was absolutely shocked when I found out how many professional people were closet potheads.

By the way, I haven't smoked pot since the 11th grade - and I don't think its the sweeping answer to West Virginia's economic woes.

One more thing -- I am over in EP......and its economy is far more bountiful than the economy I came from in Southern Oregon -- even after both the wine and marijuana booms.

Obviously, I can't speak for the rest of West Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia