Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 PM

938 posts, read 2,897,158 times

Advertisements

LINK (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/west_virginia/election_2008_west_virginia_presidential_election - broken link)
They give McCain an 85% chance of winning the state come November. It's a lot closer than I thought. If Obama actually tries, he might have a chance. Wow....

Old 06-06-2008, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 18,575 times
Lets go McCain

Old 06-06-2008, 02:50 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times
In spite of the West Virginia popular vote...all the high rollers..Rocky, Moneyhand, Rahall have all saluted the Obama..Even Sen Byrd ...they will deliver the vote to him.

In politics the cycle changes and its the Deom's turn to have the money...we will see the salvation that will come from their hands...

Shelley Moore? She will win big and help with the energy legislation that will benefit Wv...It's all the same...just the players...

Musical chairs and the fiddler is on the Dem's side this go-a-round. Shelly being a Repub...Arch was too...the Dem's loved him...even sent him to a 'nice' prison...played golf there...even asked for his Law License...almost got it back too....AHH Politic's...

Old 06-06-2008, 02:58 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Doesn't matter which way those stats go- either way we don't have a president- with candidates as they currently are.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:43 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Doesn't matter which way those stats go- either way we don't have a president- with candidates as they currently are.
Here is the way I see it. You don't have to like it, or agree with it. But here it is

McCain - Same shi*, different old conservative white man. Another 4 years years of baby Bush and Cheney.

Obama - New guy who likes change. Just doesn't know what change, or have any idea what he's doing. Just that for some reason he's became very popular within the last year.

If Obama is smart he'll pick Hillary as his running mate. That is the only way he stands a chance to win. Which in that case if he does, he is almost guaranteed to win.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times
Wv loves a patriot...wave the flag and we will follow...McCain has a son in Iraq and one in the Naval Academy now....this will mean a lot to Wv'ns who have served...these Marines are seeing the worst of it...as usual...many of us remember our fraternity days...USMC..first and foremost...

Obama...can't even were the flag on his lapel...seems ashamed to me.

Hillary, and I voted for her...being thrown out completely by the media...is old news now...and the botox has her looking lovely...

Old 06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

I agree 100%

Old 06-07-2008, 02:28 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Did someone say hillary?
RealClearPolitics - Articles - White Women Take the Gloves Off
Btw- this isn't hillary's doing, it's hillary supporters outraged by obama supporter racism.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM

175 posts, read 564,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Wv loves a patriot...wave the flag and we will follow...McCain has a son in Iraq and one in the Naval Academy now....this will mean a lot to Wv'ns who have served...these Marines are seeing the worst of it...as usual...many of us remember our fraternity days...USMC..first and foremost...

Obama...can't even were the flag on his lapel...seems ashamed to me.

Hillary, and I voted for her...being thrown out completely by the media...is old news now...and the botox has her looking lovely...
I'm a 22 year Navy man and a Vietnam veteran with the Seabees. I've been shot at and missed and s**t at and hit!! I appreciate and applaud McCains service to our country and that of his sons. That said, I won't be voting for him. I probably would have voted for Hillary but now that the die is cast I have to go with Obama. I'm a little apprehensive about that; however, I'm literally terrified of the thought of "G. W. McCain and more of the same". The old adage, "When you find yourself in a hole.....stop digging!!", has never been more appropriate. We desperately need to get this country back on the tracks and pointed in the right direction. I'm not sure Obama can do that but I know damned well McCain can't (or will not). I only have one vote and I pray I'm giving it to the right man. I'd love to see Hillary as VP with Obama. I believe she would be more involved and swing more weight than ANY previous VP. There's a reason that old girl wears pant suits....it's hard to fight in heels and a tight skirt!!! Semper Fi David!!! We Navy guys don't say it...but we practice it!!! OOOORAH!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 PM

389 posts, read 1,075,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Here is the way I see it. You don't have to like it, or agree with it. But here it is

McCain - Same shi*, different old conservative white man. Another 4 years years of baby Bush and Cheney.

Obama - New guy who likes change. Just doesn't know what change, or have any idea what he's doing. Just that for some reason he's became very popular within the last year.

If Obama is smart he'll pick Hillary as his running mate. That is the only way he stands a chance to win. Which in that case if he does, he is almost guaranteed to win.
If Obama picks Hillary for his V.P., he will ruin his chance. He's running on "change", and bringing the same ole-same ole back into the whitehouse with Hillary and Bill will only drag him down. He won't choose Hillary. If he picks Hillary, he CAN'T win. I certainly wouldn't vote for him if he chose Hillary. I'd vote for McCain... but if Obama picks someone decent, I'll certainly vote for Obama.

But then, I don't live in WV anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia