Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,023 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are hoping to move to Chappaqua in a few months and we were wondering what the childcare options are. Currently, our 21 month old son is in a family day care and I'm looking for a place that can care for him between 8 am and 6:30 pm at least since we work in NYC. What do working families do in Chappaqua?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 PM

258 posts, read 667,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly780 View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are hoping to move to Chappaqua in a few months and we were wondering what the childcare options are. Currently, our 21 month old son is in a family day care and I'm looking for a place that can care for him between 8 am and 6:30 pm at least since we work in NYC. What do working families do in Chappaqua?

Thanks for your help.
Hi there... we were recently considering a rental SFH there, and have a child around the same age as yours. There are quite a few options available. I haven't experienced them, but the agent we spoke with there gave us a sheet that had at least 10-15 different preschools and daycares to check out. She vouched for several of them (having sent her kids there) and said friends recommended others.

I'd recommend calling a realtor there and asking for a referral list. This is info they usually keep very handy. I'd scan and email to you, but no printer/scanner where I am currently, too long to type out.

You can also contact the Westchester Child Care Council. They will do an in-take convo with you on the phone and email you options based on your criteria. I did this when looking for family daycare in White Plains... didn't follow through on using any of the day cares, but I called all the places recommended and there were a few good options that they referred. I'm sure they could refer for Chappaqua as well. It's a free service.

Good luck in your search!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 14,380 times
Check out Oak Lane. My child went there, and I recommended it to a coworker who sent her two children there for the full range of years. It is a high-quality education-focused fun & loving place for kids. I checked out many options before I put my name on a waiting list at Oak Lane. Most of the other places I checked out disgusted me. I loved Oak Lane and so did my coworker. It is also close to many houses and businesses so those people can see & hear it freely, and the things they see & hear are all good.

Good luck. Keep looking until you feel that you have found a good place. That may take a lot of work, but the place you pick will have a huge effect on your child since he/she will spend the vast majority of their waking time there.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 AM

41 posts, read 125,621 times
Default Oak Lane

I second the Oak Lane recommendation. My two year old goes there currently and we are both very happy.

I think they close at 6.... In fact, if I am correct, the standard hours are 7-5, with the option of extending the day until 6.

Give them a call, they are very friendly!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 12,320 times
You might consider hosting an au pair for your childcare. It's flexible and affordable. You can find information at Karen S. Relstab - Welcome to my website. I help families find a solution for their childcare needs with my experience as a Local Childcare Coordinator. Since 2004 I have help hundreds of families find childcare that is flexible and affordable. I hav
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County