Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,329,650 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,294 times
Default This is soo funny

s i don't know why people think New Rochelle is a bad area, its really not, most people think that because most people are unintentionally racist, people are afraid to go into the west end because its filled with Mexicans, and people are also afraid of parts of New Rochelle because of blacks and other miniorityites. to tell the truth i'm glad i was raised in new rochelle, its one of the few places in the world that is diverse. and it helped me make friends when i went to college. i know a great number of people from my school and other colleges who had trouble makin friends or getting used to seeing people from a differnt backround. and as far as most other "white" town in westchester such as tuckaho, bronxvillie, and eastchester and so on. they tend to have kids who have drug problems. i used to hang out with kids from all over westchester from where i met them at house parties with private school friends, or from going to local bands shows. and i've never seen kids that do hardcore drugs like them. people think new rochelle has a problem and it doesn't. and i was born and riased in downtown New Rochelle right by trinity and davenport.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:21 PM

124 posts, read 439,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
New Rochelle is generally pretty safe, but as of late has been seeing outbreaks of small scale violence and mayhem. This latest problem follows the small riot that took place in New Rochelle during Easter.

In all honesty I think that perhaps New Rochelle is not ready for prime time. For the same ammount of rent you can live in White Plains, which to my knowledge, does not have any serious crime or gang problems as does New Rochelle.
Pretty funny the misconception. Did you know that it is actually the 5th Safest City of its size in the Nation? Yes, New Rochelle as a whole is safer than White Plains!

This is public information....go online and do a little research!

Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
Just stay away from Horton avanu the cops sure do I live in the projects and I'll tell u half the stuff I see happen u only think happen in movies

Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 AM

2,617 posts, read 6,985,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroc View Post
.......Other franchises we need are Ann Taylor, Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles, Borders, PetCo, Pet Goods, really good quality Delicatessens selling European goods, exquisit and sophisticated restaurants....
What earthly reason would there be for any of these businesses to set up in NR? They open where there's a market - such as next door in Larchmont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroc View Post
......It's just a cheaper comute to the city, but not a joyful place to live yet. Hope the new Mayor does something about it.
Exactly. I can tell you for a fact that NR is viewed by businesses and contractors as one of the worst places to get anything done in Westchester. I refer to permitting, building, zoning, etc etc. Maybe the worst, and worse than NYC. City hall is a web of entrenched bureaucracies, all playing within their narrow zone of control and having no interest in actually getting anything done. The mayor either isn't serious or is toothless. Until he goes after the culture of his own office NR has no hope of changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County