Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM

14 posts, read 92,650 times

Advertisements

Try for central ave in yonkers... but beware! if you plan to have children.. save your money.. most of the schools SUCK, so prepare for tuition payment!

Yonkers is not as bad as people try and make it out to be... it is afterall the 4th LARGEST city in NY state! I mean there are always going to be issues....it's not about where you live, but how you live, and if you choose properly Yonkers is a great place to be. Diverse, city with a suburb appeal, it's okay for me. And defiantely a change from BK for you. You can of course opt for a Tuckahoe, Pelham, and all those other small towns, but they don't have the same tolerence so to speak of difference.....especially Pelham....that's lot's of old $$$ in that small village and they want to keep it that way.

Neverthe less, i wish you the best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester View Post
their are plenty of great areas in Yonkers for that budget............plus you pay less in taxes if you live out side of 5 boros so don't werry about higher train fees Good luck
dont you pay yonkers tax instead?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
You should look into Runyon Heights in Yonkers for diversity and safety.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,390 times
New milford New Jersey will be good for you. I just moved from New York. I live in a 2BR apartment and pay 1365.00 a month. Heat is included. The area is nice.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:24 AM

33 posts, read 233,173 times
White Plains at night does suck.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,757 times
Default Yonkers & The Bronx?

My friend and I were considering moving to NY because we will be going to school & doing work up there, but we needed an area where rent, food, etc. would be inexpensive so we were looking into apartments in The Bronx & Yonkers. We really have not much information on either except for the fact that they are financially inexpensive. I do realize The Bronx has a not so great reputation, but I think if we stay together we can handle it. Is it racist up there? We are both around 110 lb, blond, and Caucasian and since we will be working day in & day out the last thing I need is to be the target of a robbery...Also since we will be doing art & photography income will be low-we have a price range of about $980-$1100 a month..any ideas? Which areas in The Bronx & Yonkers are safer then others??

Old 04-26-2012, 11:27 PM

33 posts, read 81,808 times
pelham parkway/morris park pelham bay

Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
/\ /\

This post is from 2008, just a little dated..

Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy13 View Post
My husband and I are looking to leave Brooklyn and we were looking into Yonkers and New Jersey. We don't want to go too far because we work in New York City-so we don't want crazy commuting time. We don't really know where to look though. We don't want to move anywhere that reminds us of Brooklyn, ghetto Bronx, or anywhere ghetto in general. We want to move somewhere nice and quiet where 2 hard working individuals with a 9-5 don't have to worry about getting mugged or worse while walking home after work. We just want to move to a working class neighborhood that's not full of gang bangers and or drug dealers. We also wish to not move into a racist neighborhood. My husband is Black and I am Hispanic. We are looking for a fair sized one bedroom and don't want to pay more than 1,500 a month for rent. HELP PLEASE!!!
Please let me know how was the move, I am a brooklyn renter that want to leave also. So if you have any tips on the area your living let me know please

Old 10-22-2016, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,067 times
I have 3 kids so i am looking in yonkers or white plain for a bigger apart but do not know a good place to move with good schools around, but especially not to expensive..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County