Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 01:28 PM

33 posts, read 59,494 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any familiarity with the Greenburgh-Graham school district? It seems as if their schools are located in Hastings-on-Hudson, but there is also a separate Hastings-on-Hudson school district? Do they overlap? Where do students living in Hastings on Hudson go?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM

Hello again. Please allow me to modify my above question. Apparently the Greenburgh-Graham school district is intended for "at risk" youth that are referred to the schools, and it is not a general purpose school district for Hastings. So my modified question is, how are relations between the Hastings community and Greenburgh-Graham? Do the Greenburgh-Graham students visit Hastings on their lunch break? After hours? Or do they primarily remain on the school campus? If they do visit, have relations been cordial? Do the Hastings schools and the Greenburgh-Graham schools share any resources or classes/programs? Thanks so much!

Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,155,946 times
Default School District and Towns have little to do with one another

At least, in terms of boundaries. The two are different governmental entities, with separate taxing authority and were created at different times. Their boundaries rarely make sense when looking at a map, but need historical context to make sense.

comlicating things even more is when a town like Greenburgh has within its boundaries a sub-governmental entity like "Hastings" which is not a town, but a villiage within a town. Hastings is part of the town of Greenberg, but as a villiage has a school district. Of course not all of the village is in the Hastings district and some in the district are outside the village.

Hastings school district has Hillside Elementary, Farragut Middle School, and Hastings High School.
Greenburgh-Graham has Ziccolella elementary/middle school and MLK High School but is a scpecial district for certain students with certain needs.

The Greenburgh schools with the 6 villages and the various hamlets and unincorporated zones is one of the most frustrating things to understand. I have been living and working here for a long time and I do not truly understand where a home fits without a lot of investigation. All I can tell you is that a good realtor can help and really earn that commish with saving you work on any place you are looking.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 PM

Are there safety concerns or is that a non-issue? thanks.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,155,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoicesNYC View Post
Are there safety concerns or is that a non-issue? thanks.
I have never heard of a safety concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: