Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

A nice kid showed up at our door asking if we were interested in any home improvements. We've been mulling over a couple projects, showed him what we were interested in and made an appt to consider things in more detail.

The Smart Circle is a marketing group taking up the slack caused by telemarketing restrictions by sending reps door to door. Has anyone dealt with these people in any capacity? I would appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 06:53 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times
I recommend checking with the Better Business Bureau.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:01 PM

151 posts, read 605,064 times
Hows this: smart circle, home improvements - Google Search

Does not look good!

By the way, I know you are in New Roc, but if they are selling jobs and taking money in Westchester, they MUST be a licensed Home Improvement Contractor: http://www.westchestergov.com/consum...enseSearch.asp Might be worth checking out who they are supposedly representing.

Most municipalities have laws prohibiting Door to Door salesmen without a permit since THIS practice is typically associated with the highest Home Improvement Scams.

Most reputable companies do not hire this type of service. I would suggest you contact your town to see if they do. You would be better off looking up a company in the Yellow Pages. Find a company that has a physical address you can visit. These types of companies usually do not close up overnight with all their customers deposits. Finally, be sure you CALL the references.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Thanks for all the info.

While Smart Circle has numerous postings from annoyed ex-employees online, they appear legit.

In my case they are representing Alure Home Improvements, at this website - Alure Home Improvements: New York home improvement leader, Long Island home renovation

I called them this morning and they confirmed they are using Smart Circle to drum up business. Alure is registered here - http://www.westchestergov.com/consum...enseSearch.asp (broken link) - what a great site!

And Viral, good idea about BBB. Alure is an accredited BBB business - BetterBusinessBureau

Old 12-18-2008, 08:04 AM

151 posts, read 605,064 times
Alure is HUGE! that have done many of the Extreme Makeover Home Edition homes in the New York area. Some have been back to back. I am surprised that they are using this company. My suggestion is that if you wish to use Alure, call THEM DIRECTLY and bypass this company with many disgruntled employees.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,464 times
I had somebody redo my bathroom, he did a really good job for a fair price.
He was working every day with a helper and the price very reasonable.

I can really recommend that guy his name is Dennis

[url=http://www.expert-remodeling.com]Expert Remodeling NYC Remodeling, NYC remodeling, NYC Contractors, NYC Renovation, Manhattan Remodeling, Manhattan Renovation, Manhattan Contractors, Manhattan Painters, NYC Painters, Handy Man[/url]

Old 06-20-2010, 05:49 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
L Jackson Builders. Get a quote. The carpenters are great. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County