Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM

70 posts, read 219,525 times

Advertisements

We have reservations there this weekend...any suggestions what to order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM

187 posts, read 1,022,914 times
Kudos on your choice of restaurants! It doesn't matter - everything is very, very good there.

Not a cheap place by any stretch, but probably the best Californian-Mexican fusion restaurant outside of California. At least in my opinion...

Nice atmosphere, too. Small restaurant, very intimate, good waitstaff, and excellent drinks. Post what you thought of the place after you go there!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandemusser View Post
Kudos on your choice of restaurants! It doesn't matter - everything is very, very good there.

Not a cheap place by any stretch, but probably the best Californian-Mexican fusion restaurant outside of California. At least in my opinion...

Nice atmosphere, too. Small restaurant, very intimate, good waitstaff, and excellent drinks. Post what you thought of the place after you go there!
vandemusser - what is the price range? I have heard a lot of good about this place from a foodie site I visit, but have yet to try it (we don't live in A-ville full time). We have eaten at a lot of fairly pricey places there which were extremely disappointing. Not sure how much I want to pay for "California-Mexican" fusion though....

Old 09-28-2007, 04:19 AM

187 posts, read 1,022,914 times
Entrees are probably in the $15 to $25 range:

Limones Restaurant - Asheville, NC

Like I said, not cheap. This is a "really special night out on the town" kind of place for us at this point in our lives, since we are both still fairly young and working full-time. In line with other nice places in Asheville, but just done a little bit better than other places I have been downtown (and a refreshing change from the 20,000 sushi restaurants and "Southern cuisine" places up the street).

It's definitely not a "Mexican restaurant" like you may be thinking. Take a look at the menu and you'll see what I'm talking about... I'm drooling as I read the menu.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 AM

Looks and sounds fantastic. We have a group of six going and they made the restaurant choice. Will report back! Thanks for the tips and the website. I hear the Cerviche is the one thing that is a must order.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Fabulous dinner there...the blood orange margarita was wonderful...the cerviche heavenly,. the scallops were to perfection....and the desserts were not to be missed. Wonderful night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina