Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times

Advertisements

We are planning to retire in WNC. We are avid hikers. We currently live in Missouri and we thought we would rent; and not be pressured into buying right off the bat. We want to take our time and find the right area and right house.
We were told it might be tough in finding something to rent. We have pets; so an apartment is out of the question.
Anybody out there have any info or thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM

4,793 posts, read 10,620,372 times
Quilter Chick was in the RE biz, in Hendersonville...I bet she can help, when she sees your post.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,558,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefmack View Post
We are planning to retire in WNC. We are avid hikers. We currently live in Missouri and we thought we would rent; and not be pressured into buying right off the bat. We want to take our time and find the right area and right house.
We were told it might be tough in finding something to rent. We have pets; so an apartment is out of the question.
Sure Stefmack, I would be happy to give you some information and maybe a contact if you need one. But will need some more detailed information as to "where" in western NC you are considering. I am assuming you want to rent a house? send me some info in a direct message if you like and I will get back to you asap. It's such a huge area, I need to have your shopping list. thanks !

Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM

203 posts, read 371,975 times
Default Rentals in Hendersonville, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefmack View Post

Try BlueRidgeNow.com-- ( local newspaper) for rentals, also Craigs List. You may want to place your own ad in the classifieds of BlueRidgeNow.com and be specific on what you want in a rental. Also try Hendersonville NC Home Rentals, Apartments for Rent, Homes or Houses for rent in Hendersonville NC | RentalHouses.com

Good Luck

Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 PM

Hi Louise, just a heads up if you notice, all those ads on that link you posted are toll free numbers. Many of those rentals are listings that do not belong to that website.

Buyer/renters beware. Either deal directly with the owner of the property or a bona fide property management firm, or a Realtor.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 AM

203 posts, read 371,975 times
Default Rentals in Hendersonville, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Hi Louise, just a heads up if you notice, all those ads on that link you posted are toll free numbers. Many of those rentals are listings that do not belong to that website.

Buyer/renters beware. Either deal directly with the owner of the property or a bona fide property management firm, or a Realtor.
Quilter- thanks for the heads up.. I do know some of these homes and know that some of them are definitely for rent, so just assumed the ads were legit.. I know at one time not sure now, that a legit company in Brevard was running similar ads for Hendersonville and giving a toll free number. I haven't checked any of these for the availability.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise50 View Post
Quilter- thanks for the heads up.. I do know some of these homes and know that some of them are definitely for rent, so just assumed the ads were legit.. I know at one time not sure now, that a legit company in Brevard was running similar ads for Hendersonville and giving a toll free number. I haven't checked any of these for the availability.

Hi Louise, hope all is well with you!

yes some of those are definitely for rent -- but they are listed with other agencies.

Here are two links for bona fide Hendersonville area rental agencies for anyone interested:

www.tonsofrentals.com

www.accenthomes.com

www.leslieandassoc.com

Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 AM

10 posts, read 15,232 times
Default Referred to u by someone on citydata.com . My thread "Single male relocating to H-ville. Looking for a local chat room"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Sure Stefmack, I would be happy to give you some information and maybe a contact if you need one. But will need some more detailed information as to "where" in western NC you are considering. I am assuming you want to rent a house? send me some info in a direct message if you like and I will get back to you asap. It's such a huge area, I need to have your shopping list. thanks !

QUILTERCHIC, PLEASE SEE ADDED AND SEPARATE MESSAGE BELOW ,

Some one, TheoNorth (?), posted an email to my thread suggesting I contact QuilterChic. I'm earnestly trying to find a chat room where the locals in Hendersonville hang out so I can mix and learn about the residents and Hendersonville. The poster to my thread thought you would know if said chat room exists. I'm new to all this and I'm not sure how to reach you, but should you receive my email please feel comfortable to respond.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,322,153 times
QC, I am the guilty party. I thought if anyone knew anything about Hendersonville then you would.

also referred to the digital newspaper Blue Ridge Now I think it is called.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
QC, I am the guilty party. I thought if anyone knew anything about Hendersonville then you would.

also referred to the digital newspaper Blue Ridge Now I think it is called.
Sure ONS, always willing to help the folks who want to live in God's Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina