Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:57 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,403,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Nationally, Stocks continue downward.. China is struggling… Commodity exporting countries are in trouble… industrial production is projected to be weak in September as it was in August... Oil and car industry are weak... productivity is stagnant... And labor's wages are not rising.
This doesn't sound weak to me:

"September U.S. auto sales jumped as the addition of Labor Day weekend deals sweetened results for the Big Three auto makers, who all turned in double-digit percentage increases.

U.S. consumers splurged in September, propelling car sales to a blistering pace as the industry heads into the final three months of the year."

Labor Day Deals Boost September Auto Sales - WSJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,776 times
How high can home prices go? Do you think they are topping out? I hate to buy at the peak. I wonder how much the zero rate fed policy has been driving new home construction for the past several years? I think the fed has been keeping rates low to keep the housing market going for years because they know the housing market drives voter behavior in their favor and the economy in general. But... low rates should end at some point. I wonder what is going to happen when rates finally go up? Will there be a housing bubble? Who knows, we may be at a 4 percent mortgage till infinity and beyond...

Old 11-21-2015, 08:03 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,584,588 times
[quote=Nola32;42022289]How high can home prices go? Do you think they are topping out? I hate to buy at the peak. I wonder how much the zero rate fed policy has been driving new home construction for the past several years? I think the fed has been keeping rates low to keep the housing market going for years because they know the housing market drives voter behavior in their favor and the economy in general. But... low rates should end at some point. I wonder what is going to happen when rates finally go up? Will there be a housing bubble? Who knows, we may be at a 4 percent mortgage till infinity and beyond...[/quote]

I Never say never, but that is just not going to happen.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:29 PM

8,107 posts, read 6,785,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola32 View Post
How high can home prices go? Do you think they are topping out? I hate to buy at the peak. I wonder how much the zero rate fed policy has been driving new home construction for the past several years? I think the fed has been keeping rates low to keep the housing market going for years because they know the housing market drives voter behavior in their favor and the economy in general. But... low rates should end at some point. I wonder what is going to happen when rates finally go up? Will there be a housing bubble? Who knows, we may be at a 4 percent mortgage till infinity and beyond...
Real estate is like the stock market it's hard to time and you get in for the long haul. If you stay a renter you are guarentee to throw money out the window that you don't own. I just bought and think that the market has nowhere to go but up. But if I'm wrong I'm good with that as eventually it will go up.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:18 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,403,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola32 View Post
Are you an investor, or just talking about your personal residence?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 AM

So, here it is April of 2018, my properties are doing quite well. They have conservatively appreciated at around 7% per year. Anyone else buy in 15?

Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 AM

4,795 posts, read 10,648,587 times
Good for you AAB!

GL, mD

Old 04-13-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Good for you AAB!

GL, mD
Thanks motordavid! I’m guessing you’ve done quite well since 01!

Old 04-14-2018, 03:56 AM

4,795 posts, read 10,648,587 times
^ AAB, Thanks...I would think we have done OK, glancing at assessment vs our 'costs', vs mkt, but it is our mtn home vs income property(ies)

A lot of money, time etc gets put into a house one lives in over 18 years, esp a house on a high elevation ridge in the elements. And, we live in it.

The Kidz will 'get it', so it will be theirs to deal with, when...

Hope you are doing well, AAB!
GL, mD

Old 04-14-2018, 05:01 AM

272 posts, read 206,529 times
We purchased in 2015. Like mD, we purchased our place as a mountain getaway, not as a pure investment asset. Never know for sure about the financial performance until you sell - which I don't think we'll be doing for quite awhile.

Speaking of which...can hardly wait to get back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina