Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 07:23 PM

902 posts, read 813,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The Police Chief came out and said that those water bottles were destroyed because some in the crowd were hurling them at Police Officers.
Setup on private property ...
Without the property owners permission ...
Put in place past the hours of the ordered curfew ...

The story headline though made it seem like the officers we’re there rummaging through the supplies and destroying them for no apparent reason other then being crooked cops. Great media coverage.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 06-04-2020 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 07:36 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,400,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
No ones blowing anything up. My opinion comes from a real life person on the front lines dealing with the ignorant actions of the mob there, not a FB Live video.

You’re seeing it from one side, and myself from another ... which is ok. If so peaceful though, why the need to board up windows, clean up damage and graffiti and put curfews in place? Peaceful protests should need none of the above, other then some litter cleanup from such a large crowd of people.

In all honestly, I trust those posting FB Live videos as much as I trust a homeless junkie with a wallet full of hundreds, and don’t rely on my news feed to come from strangers and their slanted social media sites. Positivity I do agree, but a front line officer I’ll always believe over a mob of angry people and their cheerleading squad.

AMEN!!! 1000 Reps!!!!!

Old 06-04-2020, 08:18 PM

8,107 posts, read 6,785,875 times
Quote:

The story headline though made it seem like the officers we’re there rummaging through the supplies and destroying them for no apparent reason other then being crooked cops. Great media coverage.
That’s exactly right! I’ve been following the Citizens Times coverage and it’s totally biased against APD.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:37 PM

902 posts, read 813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That’s exactly right! I’ve been following the Citizens Times coverage and it’s totally biased against APD.
They sure are! Mostly click bait headlines from the next generation of “journalists” if you’d even want to call them that.

Think its funny when they try to limit your number of articles online before paying for a subscription as if they have anything worth paying for. Sorry but no thanks.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
That was very nice of you to help.

Last night, from what I saw, the protesters began to leave about 8:30. While they headed out toward Pritchard Park, they started to get shot at and tear gas was deployed. I know they got several warnings to leave by 8 but I am not sure why they got bombarded when they finally did decide to leave. The crowd had began to disperse at that point and it was cleared out shortly after. I know there was minimal damage which is uncalled for but for the most part, it's remained peaceful amongst the protesters.
Thanks beckycat! My heart goes out to the downtown business people who have had to endure covid and now this destruction and boarding up of downtown

Old 06-04-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
They sure are! Mostly click bait headlines from the next generation of “journalists” if you’d even want to call them that.

Think its funny when they try to limit your number of articles online before paying for a subscription as if they have anything worth paying for. Sorry but no thanks.
Tried to rep you again but the system won’t let me!

Old 06-05-2020, 06:46 AM

5,478 posts, read 6,125,182 times
AAB and VTE,

Thanks, as the late Paul Harvey would say, "for the rest of the story!"

Old 06-05-2020, 08:48 AM

342 posts, read 321,026 times
Quote:

I agree with you, I was just sharing the link is all.
WRAL can be notorious for " clickbait" titles, if you will.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:25 AM

355 posts, read 227,797 times
Quote:
Our good friends husband is an AVL police officer on the front lines. He’s been shot at, pegged with rocks and pieces of metal, hit in the head with water bottles and other flying debris among other things.
Show me an Asheville hippie native who knows how to make a functioning Molotov cocktail, and I might actually believe this.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:42 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,358,759 times
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/po...FPJIUB4SPDTKA/

Police Chief apologizes for officers destroying medical supplies and water bottles.

"...Asheville Police Chief David Zack issued a formal apology Thursday on YouTube about the destruction of a medical aid station Tuesday night. Zack said the incident had “deeply affected our community, embarrassed our city and our department.”

The chief issued a statement Wednesday, but he said it was inadequate in addressing the community’s concerns..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina