Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 03:59 PM

773 posts, read 648,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
I clearly do understand ... that criminals should be treated as such, life’s not always going to be fair and there’s no trophies in life for not applying yourself.

We live in the land of opportunity while also the land of excuses. I know what side we fall on.
Again, I have no idea what that means in the context of what I said. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 04:22 PM

902 posts, read 811,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Sorry, I don't understand that, or more specifically, what that has to do with my post.
Did you not mention opportunities for caring folks, volunteering and young adults and children? We do more than our share for the above and look for opportunities to always do more. Hope that helps.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Again, I have no idea what that means in the context of what I said. Sorry.
No worries as I’m past it now. Cheers.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Did you not mention opportunities for caring folks, volunteering and young adults and children?
I did. But you didn't.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I did. But you didn't.
Again, past this one too. Not sure what you’re not sure of. Cheers.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Again, past this one too. Not sure what you’re not sure of. Cheers.
I'm happy to explain if you'd like. Otherwise, have a good one!

Last edited by Royal James; 08-11-2020 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-11-2020, 07:24 PM

Anyone here notice that Royal James posts seem eerily similar (aka pointless) to the posts of our former resident know it all from the coast Stede Bonnet? Pretty sure they’re one in the same.

Join date and last activity dates are the same day (7/31) and they both post the same nonsense in the same five forums. Funny how that works. You know, rebranded nonsense.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 08-11-2020 at 07:46 PM..

Old 08-11-2020, 08:00 PM

12,634 posts, read 32,117,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Where did you get that from? The linked news article names all six people who were arrested. Ages range from 19 to 29. Five of the six are from Buncombe County. Last time I looked, a 19 year old is a legal adult. "Protesters" who vandalize and attack law enforcement officers are not protesters; they are criminals.
I did not read the attached article but I did see another. I did see 6 people were arrested (one 19 and others most early 20's, only one 29) and there was only one person charged with assault on a government official that was 19 not 18, my bad. (Not that it makes it right) That's what stuck in my head, I guess. Auden David Miller, 19, of Asheville was charged with assault on a government official. They are adults but young people do stupid stuff they often regret later in life. (still not right) I agree with you about being criminals and hopefully an incident like this won't happen again. My point being was that this was an isolated incident (not that it's acceptable) that only happened once and one poster continues to make Asheville look like a horrible place.

Last edited by beckycat; 08-11-2020 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-11-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I did not read the attached article but I did see another. I did see 6 people were arrested (one 19 and others most early 20's, only one 29) and there was only one person charged with assault on a government official that was 19 not 18, my bad. (Not that it makes it right) That's what stuck in my head, I guess. Auden David Miller, 19, of Asheville was charged with assault on a government official. They are adults but young people do stupid stuff they often regret later in life. (still not right) I agree with you about being criminals and hopefully an incident like this won't happen again. My point being was that this was an isolated incident (not that it's acceptable) that only happened once and one poster continues to make Asheville look like a horrible place.
I love how AVL folks seem seasoned now in dismissing and deflecting the issues happening there as "one timers" and "once offs" as though that matters (which they aren't BTW). For those who consider themselves to be so "woke" they seem to be very blind to the issues happening in their community, all in the name of tourist dollars and wearing the seemingly prestigious Ashevillian name badge.

A full time job posting all of the crap happening in AVL could easily be had now, from weekly shootings to corrupt leadership to its residents attacking the police to hostage situations and more. The folks though who have concerns for its direction are considered to be the enemy and not those putting the city through the ringer.

Lookup Wanda Greene, Michael Greene, Jon Creighton, Mandy Stone and Joeseph Wiseman - all former city commissioners, managers and contractors who are now serving federal sentences for defrauding the city of millions of dollars for personal gain. LINK

Now lookup the current mayor Esther E. Manheimer who coincidentally represents a law firm in town that handles many of the big development contracts coming to the city. Can you say "corrupt, kickbacks and conflict of interest" in a single sentence ... yet again? LINK

Shooting this week - LINK

Shooting last week - LINK

3 shootings in 2 days - LINK

Here's a sobering stat - "... the 9th victim of a homicide in Asheville since January 1, 2020. During this same time period, the Asheville Police Department has responded to 341 calls for service related to shots fired."

And my post is the enemy here ... really? To me it seems like the ignorance of it's residents to the real situation at hand is, not me.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 08-11-2020 at 09:52 PM..

Old 08-11-2020, 11:11 PM

And I meant to write county not city in regards to the Wanda Greene case. My apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina